Heritage

Settling into Smallville, Jenny found out she had to attend the local school. Having never been to an actual in person school, Jenny was terrified.

"I only got two of the AP classes I wanted and they put me in Spanish instead of French," Jordan complained.

"I haven't even look at my schedule yet," Jonathan replied.

"Yeah, I'm sure it's as crappy as mine...Jenny, how's yours?"

"Well, I'm certainly not in any AP classes...I don't have any electives, I've just got double of all my classes," Jenny laughed, knowing she wasn't as smart as the guys.

"Double? Why do you have double the classes?" Lois asked.

"I'm not exactly the smartest when it comes to school work...I struggled a lot with my online school the past three years, before that I didn't even attend school,"

"But what about during Crisis? You were able to work with Cisco to build devices," Clark asked.

"Like I said, I'm not good at school work...I'm more of a real world type of person, you know?"

"What does that even mean?" Jordan asked.

"That means I don't give a damn about how many watermelon Mike bought or how the Titanic sank...I care about stopping a bad guy or fixing my car," Jenny snapped, standing up and leaving the room.

"Was I rude?" Jordan asked as Jenny walked away.

"No, but I think you hit a touchy subject," Clark answered.

———-

After calming herself down, Jenny found herself waiting in the kitchen for Jonathan. While waiting, Jenny started a conversation with Jordan.

"I'm sorry I stormed off...It's just some topics can anger me and I don't want to get too angry, you know?" Jenny started.

"I actually don't know," Jordan was a little confused.

"I mean I don't want my powers to act up,"

"Oh," Jordan understood perfectly.

"Finally," Jenny said as Jonathan walked into the kitchen.

"Remember, if anyone asked, he's sick," Lois told Jenny and Jonathan as they walked out of the house.

"Yep," Jenny replied.

Climbing into Lois' car, the three watched as Clark left with Jordan.

"Why does he get to fly, while we have to go to school?" Jonathan and Jenny complained.

"Hey, at least we have the radio," Lois said.

—————

Entering the school, Jenny quickly rushed around the building. Finding all of her classes quickly, Jenny rushed back and found Jonathan.

"You okay?" Jenny asked, seeing the distressed look on his face.

"It's just Sean taking out his anger on me, even though I did nothing," Jonathan replied.

"Oh, sorry about that...well I've got to get to class," Jenny rushed off.

Rushing back into the building, Jenny made her way towards her math class. Along the way, Jenny was shoulder chucked by a few of the girls in the hallway. Seeing as the shoulder chuck was pretty good, Jenny was knocked to the ground and her glasses fell off her face.

"Oops," The girls chuckled, one of them stepping on Jenny's glasses.

"Come on," Jenny sighed and whispered to herself, grabbing her broken glasses.