August 20th, part one

August 20th, 20xx 11:47

       Today was more basic training. Nothing too special. Training with new types of weapons, tactics and other stupid things like that. The person who was training us was on everyone's case. Especially mine. It's like they could tell I was daydreaming. I thought I was doing well, masking so it seemed like I was at least paying attention. Apparently I was doing a pretty shitty job at it. The trainer pointed me out and snapped at me.
        "D31, go to your room and pack your bags. Now." They demanded. "You're leaving at 12. You're only a weakness to the Agency. I'll be the one making sure you leave, alright?" They asked. I scattered to my room, feeling both nervous and scared.
        I did as I was told and packed as quickly as I could. I didn't have much, so it was quite easy. I only had a nice pair of clothes I had snatched from storage and the dog tag I had. It matched the one I had given to Sanford. I smiled as I ran my fingers over it. I was startled when I heard pounding on my door, "Two more minutes!" They yelled. I sighed as I put the dog tag around my neck. After I hid it under my shirt, I walked out.
           They looked me up and down and grabbed my hand. They pretty much dragged me and my belongings to the side of the road and then just dropped me. They went back into the building as I stood up and began to dust myself off. Oh God. Nevada was bigger, more barren and scarier than I thought it would be. Especially living alone with no food or water with ya. I was determined to find a place to live now. I didn't care if it was practically destroyed or if it was abandoned Agency property. Somewhere is better than no where, right?
         I found a decent looking apartment. Well, decent for Nevada. There was still a somewhat intact room that had a bit of furniture in it from the person who used to live there. It was pretty shitty.
          I set my bag down on a table and I sat on the bed. It was stiff, dirty and uncomfortable. I sighed as I laid down and stared at the ceiling. It was kinda holey, but it covered the majority of the apartment. I wiped the rubble off the bed and tried to take a nap. Everything was happening so quickly, and honestly, it was tiring. I plan to explore a bit when I wake up. Maybe I can find a better place to stay

End of August 20th Journal Entries

A/N: If you see this fic somewhere else, I am updating on AO3 under the username Ziggster500