“Thank you.” He laughed, “It took me the whole day to clean.” She loved his low chuckle and his full belly laugh, she loved how the sides of his eyes would crinkle when he laughed and smiled.

“Let’s eat; I’m sure you’re starving…” He smiled and stirred her towards the kitchen where he arranged the table for two with romantic candlelight. She turned to look at him and saw that he was looking away but his ears were flaming red.

She chuckled; “More like you’re starving…” he smiled down at her and led her towards the chair. He pulled it back and allowed her to seat first; it was the first time that someone did it for her and she was stupidly happy.

They talked about the most nonsensical things while they ate but she was happy. She eagerly listened to him as he told stories about his students and when he was still in university.

After they ate, they crashed on his couch while sipping champagne and they continued talking. They were so into each other that they didn’t notice what time it was. They both didn’t care and they both enjoyed each other’s company. Lara’s resolve strengthen as she looked into him, she thought that if it was Calvin she could take all the pain.

“I love you, Calvin.” She said and Calvin doubled as he blinked at her.

“Pardon?” He stuttered and it was a bit comical because Calvin never stuttered.

“I said I love you, Calvin.” She smiled and before she knew it, Calvin was kissing her passionately on his living room. He kissed her senseless and all she could think about was, she loved Calvin, and it was real.

“I love you too, Lara.” He whispered in between kisses and her heart warmed.

“I know…” She breathed and they got lost with each other. Calvin led him on his bedroom and lowered her down on his bed, never breaking the kiss. His kisses were passionate, sensual and hungry and she matched it with hers as she craved for possession. Clothes were on the floor and they were on each other, kissing and making love.

Calvin tucked her beside him and started brushing her hair with his fingers, “I loved looking at you hair, I never thought I’d love it more now that I was touching it…” He said and Lara smiled.

“Stop your sweet talks.” She rolled her eyes and Calvin snorted.

“I’m not sweet talking to you… It’s real.” He shifted so he was looking at her, “God, I was smitten.” He whispered more to himself but Lara heard it and she reached out to touch his lips and planted a kiss on it.

“I know…” She breathed and Calvin smiled on her lips.

“You do?”

“Uh-huh…” And they kissed.

***

Calvin looked at her and his face was quite troubled, “I’m not demanding you to stop your job, but are you going to stop dancing for that bar?” He asked unsurely and Lara understood that he was scared that she might take his question differently.

“I will… for you and for my sisters… But until I save enough money for their futures, can you please bear with me until then?” She pleaded,

“So it’s all for your sisters… you know I can help you, Lara.”

“No.” She said her voice was rising; there was no way that she would use Calvin’s money. “No, Calvin, please understand, I have to do this my way… please?” She asked and she watched as Calvin thought of it, he had mixed feelings. She understood that he didn’t want her to work as that any longer aside from it was dirty, he was also now her boyfriend, and no boyfriend would want her partner dancing almost naked on a bar.