• XI •

The following morning, (Y/n) dressed herself in her attire. Because of her lack of clothes, she washed them in the shower last night to get rid of the dirt and grime before hanging them to dry. Luckily, the dress and tights were completely dry by the time she put them back on. Strapping her heels on, she left the Leville and headed to the outlook in search of Luca.

Although it was only eight in the morning, Lestallum was already bustling. She passed by many women dressed in jumpsuits heading towards the power plant to begin their workday. The men, who mostly worked the stalls around the city, were readying themselves for the busy day ahead.

Arriving at the outlook, she looked around for Luca. She found him standing beside a chubby man who was fanning himself with his hand. He too had a camera just like the guardian standing beside him and wore a Meteor Publishing t-shirt.

Inhaling deeply to calm her nerves, (Y/n) approached the two men. She swallowed hard before speaking up. "Good morning, Luca."

The silver-eyed man looked up with a smile. "(Y/n), good morning. I wasn't expecting to see you this early in the morning."

"I can be an early riser sometimes, and I wanted to take you up on your offer."

Luca looked toward the man next to him. "I'll be back soon, Vyv. Hopefully those photos I gave you were good enough."

"What're you talking about? They're amazing! You're one of my best photographers, Luca. Take all the time you need. Hopefully you'll show me the finishing product of your personal project," Vyv replied.

(Y/n) and Luca walk a little ways down the outlook. They sit down on a bench located on the overhang with the stationary binoculars. They gazed out towards the Disc of Cauthess for a few seconds before igniting a conversation. "I'm glad you decided to do this, (Y/n)," Luca said.

"I think what you're doing is admirable and if I can help, I want to," she replied.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to do a quick photo shoot with us as the subjects. Jasper will tag along to help because I wanna get a few shots of us together in our spiritual forms. We could do it today if you're free."

"Sure." She glanced down at the ground before looking towards her fellow spirit. "There is something I wanted to tell you. It's more of a warning than anything else."

"What is it?"

"The empire's hunting down our people and killing them. I want you and Jasper to be careful."

Luca gripped his camera tightly. "So it isn't just a rumor..." He stares into her sapphire eyes. "Thank you for telling me, (Y/n). Jasper and I were planning to head to Altissia soon for our pre-wedding trip, but we might wanna reschedule."

"That's also what I wanted to talk about. Your relationship with Jasper... Did you ever question it because of your status as guardian and master?"

The shaggy-haired man smiled. "You're in love with him, aren't you?"

She nodded with a faint blush. "Very much so, but I'm afraid."

Luca's smile fell. "What're you scared of?"

"Many things. Because of Ignis' position, I know I'll always come second. Another reason is because I'm his guardian and he's my master. Can a human and guardian truly love one another?"

"No one wants to come second in the heart of the person they love. I would talk to Ignis about it and express your feelings on the matter. And now for your question..." Luca placed his hands on her shoulders and shook her lightly. "Of course a human and guardian can be happy together! Jasper and I are the perfect example of a human/spirit relationship. We're on the road to our wedding and both of us are extremely happy with our decision to be with one another. We're happy to be spending the rest of our lives together. But the first step for you is to organize your feelings. Confess when you're ready. You don't have to rush into these things. Who knows? Maybe Ignis already has a game plan on how he plans to confess to you. Just keep holding your head high and don't worry about a thing. I believe things will work out for both of you."