Chapter 36 - The World On Fire

Days passed like this. Walking in the garden, talking to Dream about my life and what I have done, and having Sam all over me 24/7 was taking it tall on me.

I felt like I was going insane inside, having only two to talk to and never feeling like fitting in made me more and more depressed as days went by, instead of getting out of bed, I would lay there for hours, not eating anything, not talking, only moving when I needed to use the restroom. " Sam, is she okay?" Dream asked for the fifth time in a day " I don't know dude" sitting down next to me in the bed, resting his hand on my forehead " you don't wanna eat today?" I just wanted them to leave me alone in that room, and live their lives.... without me

" Oh stop being a baby, eat something" Dream shape voice went on, I just turned to my other side, resting my head on the wall " do you really want to die? is that why you are doing this to us?" 

" maybe if you just felt me, to die in peace I would enjoy being myself, for once in my life!" I yelled, pushing the trade of food in the ground, watching the food spalt on the floor. I smiled, pushing the blanket off my body, sitting up straight, I stared at Dream, just to make him look at me. I felt the cold of his eyes, at that moment he turned his head from the food on the ground to me.

" what the hell is wrong with you y/n! I am the one how safe from that-that monster in the forest, and now you have the audacity to act like that!" Sam yells at me, grabbing my arm hard, forcing me to turn my body to him " Sam, get the fuck off!" I shook my arm, only for him to tighten the grip of my arm " I don't wanna hear that ever again, am I understood?" nodding my head, to him " good" with those words he nearly swings my arm into the wall itself. I just had, had enough at that point. " I am sorry Sam, please forgive me" falling to my knees, clapping my hand together starting to beg like I had done for my father back in time where I was living with him.

-- flashback 5 years ago

" Father I beg you, don't do this!" I beg my father, at the dinner table. " You will marry him at 18," he said, making the room darker than it already was " Father, please he-" he cut me off, bu slapping on my cheek, pushing me off my knees " Don't you beg for anything, you ungrateful little brat!" standing up from the table, he walked out of the room leaving me alone on the ground, I wanted to die...

 " y/n, Y/N!" I hear Sam scream behind me, I felt his arm wrap around my waist, pulling me into a hug " he is a monster!" I squeeze from my mouth, trying not to sound weak, still, I felt tears pressing in my eyes " I know, what has he said?" my worried brother asked, moving me even closer to his chest " he said" sniffing in loud " he said, I am to marry a guy named Liam at 18" 

" You WHAT!" he said loud making me even sadder than I was before " but- but you are my baby sister" I felt him laying his hand on my cheeks, turning me around to face me " you hear me" nodding my head " I will protect you for him, alright? I will not leave you" 

" Y/N WHERE ARE YOU, YOUR LITTLE BRAT!" my father voice gong in the house, Sam looked at the door waiting for him to burst in and take me away from him again " listen to me, I love you-" before he could finish my dad burst through the door, holding a bottle with alcohol in it

 " let's go, young miss" Sam had no idea of letting me go, instead he tightened the hold of me "no farther, I will not let you take her!" Sam yelled in the room, for the first time in my life I felt like my brother was the real deal, but not for long

" Don't ever test me, Samuel" my dad said, walking closer to us, I buried my head in Sam's chest, " please don't let him take me" I begged in silence. Suddenly the sound of glass broken felled the room, looking up my das had a broken bottle in his hand, I felt the alcohol running down my neck and back, it was Sam. 

He had hit Sam in the head with the bottle, the look on his face was something that I would never forget " alright problems solved, let's go y/n" grabbing my arm, he aggressively pulled me from Sam " no please let me go!" I screamed, kicked nothing help. He just pulled me into his room, closing the door behind me.... 

-- end of flashback  Dream

I watched her beg on her knees, looking at the girl that used to be strong, I knew that I had broken her, in a good way for me, feeling the power to make my move on her " y/n, let us talk" I said, pulling her on my back, moving to the living-room where Sapnap was sitting with a book " Oh hello Dream, y/n" snapping the last name out of his mouth, I turned to discuss making sure that we locked eyes " get me some ice from the kitchen, please?" I said, sitting y/n down on the sofa, laying a blanket over her body, her eyes were greyish, and her body was cold " y/n, can you hear me?" gently moving my hand on her cheek " he hates me" 

" no, he don't. I guess he just had a breakdown as normal people have some time" Sapnap moved to me with an ice pack, I smiled at him, laying it on her neck. " Dream" lifting my head to lock eyes with her " thank you" I felt my face blush a little by those words " you are welcome dear y/n" pushing my mask a little up, I kissed her forehead. 

" now let us get some rest?" I crawled behind her, wrapping my arm around her waist, letting her lay her head in my chest " can you give me the book?" y/n asked, pointing to the book on the table, I moved over grabbing the book passing it to her " my mom used to read me this book, well it was before my dad killed her in front of me and Sam"  

" what is it called?" I asked, looking at her face. Her eyes felt with tears, sniffing in. 

History is All You Left Me

" you want me to read it for you?" I asked, laying my hand on hers 

" Please do" her smile was worth a billion start, I loved her but how could a guy like me, like a girl so innocent and broken girl?