to be or not to be

Start from the beginning

Pushing the cover off myself, I sat up and gestured for him to come closer ,
Mew moving over to make room for Chase on the bed . Meekly ,he sat down at my side .I was comforting to him when I wanted to be , sometimes babying him Although I knew he didn't like it at twelve, almost thirteen. I didn't care though, occasionally picking at him .

"I'm fine ", I reconciled .
" I just ate some bad cookies ".

Biting his bottom lip , he nodded . "Okay".

"Now let's get you to school-"

"I don't want to go to school ", he pouted." You might upchuck and pass out again ." The anguish in his eyes told me my scene freaked out . And I knew if I made him go ,he'd blab to mom who'd freak out ten folds worse than him .

Too tired to fight with him about this,
I held my head ,feeling a headache emerging ." Fine . Stay home but no video games . I'll call the school and tell them we're sick ". He startled me by giving me a peck on the cheek leaving me frozen in shock . He hasn't kissed me on the cheek since he was about six or seven . Before I could react ,he was already out the door ,his heavy footsteps banging down the hall and stairs .

Once completely out of ears way ,Mew caught my attention, caressing my temple until our eyes locked . "Bad cookies ?" He repeated suspiciously.

Staring at him in perplexity, the gears in my mind wondered what he was getting at . He was using that 'there's an underlying to this ' tone . I crossed my legs in bed ,sitting back , nausea gone at this point beside the asphalt taste lingering ." Yes ,bad cookies . Why do you asked ?"

He leaned closer , taking my small hand into his large palm ,rough and warm . There was a glint in his eye that told me something was bothering him, something about me ." Birth control is only ninety -nine percent effective".

"I know that ." He couldn't be thinking
what I hope he wasn't all because I was throwing up ?

"I know you know that. And I also know your top notch on these things but there might be a chance ..."

I knew what he was talking about . To think I was ...pregnant was out of the question. The signs of pregnancy were nausea, fatigue, missing per ... damn. I felt my whole body grow cold and hard, my eyes glazing over with absence. "I just got an acceptance letter
from Washington state and will be applying for the art program . I'm going to graduate high school, go to college, graduate, get a job ... Marry"-
My gaze settled on him before turning away .- " ... Then kids . Nowhere did I say I'm expecting a child now ".

Past my glazed eyes , I could see Mew
clench his jaw , his hand inching away from me to ball in a fist . " Gulf , you can't be serious. We talked about this-"

"Me clarifying that I wasn't pregnant isn't talking about it ".

He crossed his arms ,solemness emitting off him with the dominant gaze that would always indicate punishment arriving. Except for this time ,it didn't have the sultry vibe to it, replaced with something undetectable... Something that didn't please me in the slightest ." Well , let's talk about it now ."

Leaning against my headboard, I mimicked his posture with a glare , slipping the cold cloth off my forehead when it was toppling . It was the cookies . I took the freaking pill every freaking day whether we were having sex or not . Sometimes ,if I was too paranoid ,I'd take the morning after pill as well . There's no way I could be pregnant. No freaking way !

"Fine . I'm not pregnant". Pregnant came out harsh , the word itself making me want to hurl again as I spat in his face ,watching his expression darken . I don't know why but I felt like I'd forever feel inadequate if I ended up pregnant when I took every precaution to prevent this . Like , I had no control over my body - which I did ." I take birth control, the morning after pill,
sometimes I push you away when your about to cum, how could I be pregnant !?"