Ch61 - Planting Trees

Start from the beginning

“As a black-hearted program group, being kind to the guest is being cruel to themselves.” The vehicle stopped and the staff member smiled. “Let’s start our trip to the Loess Plateau.”

Li Zhao put on his hat and dragged his suitcase out of the car. After seeing the yaodong, he issued a surprised cry. “Will the guests live in a cave at night?” 

The staff squinted at Li Zhao. They arranged for the guests to live in a yaodong in order to make them suffer, not to make them happy.

“I’ve never lived in a yaodong. I’m finally able to have fun this time. It is great. Li Zhao quickened his pace and ran to the village.

The camera followed him. Li Zhao was really a small monster. He carried such a big box yet he could run so quickly. Please remember that he was a fresh, popular artist! Shouldn’t he maintain some of the dignity of an idol?

The guests had come to a place called Wahong Village. The climate here wasn’t as good as Qingxi Village. The temperature difference between night and day was large and the ultraviolet rays were strong. Before coming, Da Ke kept reminding him not to forget sun protection. 

The village was different from the yellow sand expected by the guests. Although it was still early spring, they could see a bit of greenery on the mountain. Li Zhao entered the village and saw Zhang Kui holding a small bag of rice in his hand, nothing else.

“Zhao Zhao.” Seeing Li Zhao, Zhang Kui came over at almost a flying speed. “You haven’t eaten either?”

Li Zhao nodded silently.

"Then we'll cook together." Zhang Kui was even more enthusiastic. "First, go to the village to gather ingredients and then cook together."

Li Zhao had some doubts about the term 'together'.

Facing Zhang Kui's pitiful eyes, he could only sigh. "Let's go."

Zhang Kui followed closely while giving fancy praises to Li Zhao. It really wasn't easy to eat a meal.

They walked to the door of a house and Li Zhao was ready to knock on the door when Zhang Kui pulled him. “Don’t go here. I just knocked on the door but before I could finish my words, the aunt closed the door in my face. 

“Try again.” Li Zhao pointed at the house. “The house is so well-built that there must be extra ingredients.”

Zhang Kui thought that this was the case but the other person might not necessarily give it. The big iron gate opened with a creak. It was the woman who had shut the door in Zhang Kui’s face just now. The woman’s sombre expression didn’t look very good. Zhang Kui was frightened by the woman’s face and took a step back, hiding behind Li Zhao.

“Excuse me, excuse me.” Li Zhao showed a big smile to the woman.

“What’s the matter?” The woman stared at Li Zhao with a tense expression. 

“Big sister, it is like this. We came to your village and wanted to cook lunch but we don’t have any ingredients. If you have any extra ingredients then can you please give us some?” He added a few words. “t doesn’t matter if you don’t have any. I wish you a happy life and we won’t disturb you.”

The woman saw that Li Zhao and Zhang Kui were ready to leave and her lips moved. She hesitantly said, “Wait, you come with me.”