Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~~~~Cecilia Sanchez~~~~

I waited patiently and nervously as I sat on the master bed, wondering if my predictions were true. I refused to accept that they could be. But never the less I would be happy and I believe that Joseph would be as well.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I turned off the timer on my phone and quickly made my way to the bathroom. I stood in front of the sink and took a breathe of air; while I looked at my reflection in the mirror. This moment could determine the rest of my life.

When I knew I was ready, I picked up the stick and gasped. I dropped it and put my hands to my mouth.

I am Pregnant.

Shock filled my body and my eyes began to water. I couldn't be pregnant, especially with Joseph's baby. We had agreed to wait until after we were married. Will he be disappointed? Will he not want the baby? All these atrocious thoughts about Joseph leaving me and the baby clouded my mind. But then I realized Joseph wasn't that kind of person.

Joseph and I were engaged to be married in two months. We had been together ever since high school and I couldn't say I have been happier. I love Joseph with all my heart and with everything in me. I knew Joseph loved me too. He had been my first everything and was going to be my last.

I wiped my tears and tried to calm myself down. I was going to be a mother meaning I had to be there for my child. I smiled at the thought of having a baby girl or boy to hold in my arms and sing lullabies to. The baby will have lots of love and care. I would love my baby no matter what and make sure she or he knows that.

My eyes shifted to my stomach and I became curious. I lifted my shirt a little bit and laid my hand on my stomach. There was a little person inside of me, counting on me to be there for them. Soon my stomach would become large and I'd give birth to a beautiful baby.

My thoughts shifted back to Joseph. I needed to tell him as soon as possible. I believe he will love our baby and be supportive of us. I was going to go and pay Joseph a visit at his office.

Joseph worked for his family's company- that had been passed down to him- as the CEO. He has been working there ever since we got out of college. Joseph was the oldest male out of his two other siblings making him become the head of the family company.

I made the decision of not calling Joseph and surprise him instead.

~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning, Miss Sanchez. Are you here to see Mr. Matthews?" Ashely, the secretary, asks me with a polite smile.

"Good morning, Ashley, and yes I would like to see my fiance," I told her and the blonde secretary nods.

"Well it seems that he has a scheduled meeting going on right now. But I'm sure he wouldn't mind you going up there. So here is your badge," Ashely said to me and handed me a white badge with the words "Visitor" on it.

I took the badge and turned to my right to see my best friend's desk empty. My best friend, Victoria, worked as a secretary for Joseph's younger brother, Emmett. It wasn't like Victoria to be late or miss a day.

"Hey Ashley, quick question. Where is Victoria?"

"Oh I don't know. Her and Emmett Matthews have not showed up to work. Maybe she's sick," Ashley responded and went back to her computer.

I nodded and walked down the busy hallway, confused as why Victoria hadn't told me she was sick. I had just talked to her yesterday and she didn't seem sick.

My thoughts shifted to why I didn't know that Joseph had an important meeting. He usually told me about his important business deals or meetings.

I grew nervous as I neared Joseph's office door. I laid my right hand on my stomach and tried to take slow breaths. I couldn't imagine what Joseph would say or do and that scared me. But I needed to tell him and I planned on doing so.

I stopped at the office door in front of me and let out one last breath before I reached for the door handle.

It was Now or Nothing.

I opened the door with a smile and gasped at the scene in front of me. Tears sprung my eyes as I saw Joseph kissing his secretary, half-naked!

They jumped apart and turned towards me. Joseph looked shocked and guilty at me while his assistant focused on the ground.

"Cecilia, this is not what it looks like," He told me as he tried to put on his pants and make his way towards me.

"Really?! Because it looks like you're cheating on me! Now I get why you've had to work late all this month. You were meeting with the whore on your desk! I can't believe you wasted all our years together for some whore! I yelled, anger and sadness filled my body.

I couldn't help but feel an emptiness in my heart. The father of my baby and my fiancé had cheated on me. Betrayed me.

"I'm sorry, Cecilia. I regret what I did. I'm sorry. Give me one more chance. I love you. Baby, I'm sorry," Joseph told me and his eyes began to water.

I wiped the tears off my face and noticed the beautiful diamond ring on my left hand. The ring that held so much happiness and love, when I received it.

I slowly took my engagement ring off and threw it at Joseph's chest. "That's the ring you proposed to me with on our eighth year anniversary and now it's just a ring of a failed relationship. I'll be out of the house by tonight and you'll never have to see me again."

I turned to the direction of the door and walked to the door from which I had entered from. I glanced back at the couple behind me and said," Give that ring to your assistant. Have a nice life, Joseph."

I briskly walked as fast as I could to the elevators, ignoring Joseph's calls behind me and the wondering eyes of the people watching me.

Tears streamed down my face as I felt myself break. I reached the elevator doors and clicked the button. I anxiously waited for the doors to open as I heard Joseph's calls for me come closer.

I let out a sigh of relief as the elevator doors opened with a ding. I stepped in and pressed the button for the Lobby. I looked straight ahead to see Joseph running towards the elevators. Our eyes met and he gave me a pleading look.

I prayed for the elevator doors to close and they did, right when Joseph made it to the elevator. That was when I felt myself break completely.

I began to cry and soon realized how dumb I was being. I didn't want to cry over him. I didn't want to feel how I was feeling.

I was broken, alone, and pregnant.

I felt the anger build up in me and I let out a frustrated scream. I slowly slid down the back wall of the elevator, crying. I couldn't believe he would do this to me.

The elevator doors opened and I put my hand on my stomach.I needed to be strong for my baby. I didn't need Joseph to raise my baby. I could raise him or her by myself.

"Mommy will love and care for you. Even though you don't have a daddy, you will always have me," I said and walked out the main doors.

I was going to raise this baby with the help of someone I trust with my life. I needed to see that person right now and ask them for help. That person was my best friend, Victoria.

Hey!!!! This is the new edited version of the Billionaire's Mistake! I am very excited to be writing this over again. I hope you enjoyed this!
Please Comment, Vote, and Share!!!! Fifty votes will make a quicker update! Also the next update you will see Victoria with someone that you wouldn't expect!