"bullshit," zayn says. "that's all bullshit."

"it's not," niall says. liam walks in at that moment, with some snacks. even though niall had told him he didn't want anything, he gets him some chips and also a coke for zayn.

"thanks liam," zayn says. "i think you guys should go."

"why?" liam frowns.

"i just want to be alone with him for a bit," zayn says. niall looks like he's about to object but liam stops him before he does.

"alright man, just let us know if you need anything," liam says. niall gets up and spends some seconds staring at zayn, it's clear he wants them to talk more but zayn is done.

the only person he wants to talk to now is harry.

everyone else could go fúck themselves.

he sits next to harry to talk to him, he has a feeling harry can hear him, so he tells him everything that has happened.

"if you had a past with justin you'd have told me, wouldn't you?" zayn asks, looking at the motionless body next to him. he sighs. "i wish you could wake up. i really miss you h."

zayn suddenly feels overwhelmed by everything's that happened and he starts to cry. it's been so long since he's let himself cry, he usually bottles up his feelings till it comes out as anger or hatred. but he doesn't feel that way anymore. he just feels sadness.

he's so focused on his emotions that he doesn't hear footprints walking into the room.

"excuse me? can i help you?" he hears a woman's voice say. he raises his voice and sees a woman standing next to him.

he doesn't recognize her but she looks very familiar, she looks to be in her forties. zayn realizes who she is.

"you're harry's mom," he says.

"yes, and who are you supposed to be?" she asks.

zayn frowns. knowing how harry's family treated him just makes him feel angry staring at this woman.

"i'm his boyfriend," he says. "the person that's been here with him since he got admitted. where have you been?"

zayn knew that she was harry's emergency contact. the hospital administration tried to contact her but she never acknowledged them.

"ah, i see," she says. "i had things to take care of, but i'm here now so you can leave."

"do you even know who did this to him?" zayn raises his voice at her.

"harry is my son. i know what he's capable of, he did this to himself," she says. "i've tried to help him in so many ways, but he wouldn't change. do yourself a favor and leave,"

"shut up," zayn says.

"excuse me?"

"shut up. you're a terrible mother," zayn says. "you don't deserve him. harry is the most amazing person i know, and you treated him like shit."

she laughs. "is that what he told you? don't believe a word he says. he's good at being manipulative. i've always been a good mother to him, and how did he repay me? by ruining my marriage."

"you chose your marriage over your own son! he was struggling and you never knew. what kind of mother are you? you're sick,"

"i chose him over my marriage. and i regret that everyday," she says. "did he even tell you what he did?"

"i don't care what he did, you don't treat your son that way,"

"he tried to seduce his own step brother," she says.

"no," zayn shakes his head. "i know that's not what happened."

"then he lied to you," she says. "he forced himself on his own brother. how would he ever have told you the truth?"

"shut up," zayn shakes his head.

"he's my son and i love him. but he's very unstable and he ruins everything he touches. you must have seen it too, haven't you? i can tell by the look in your eyes that you know i'm right. harry's a black hole, it's too late for him but he makes sure that anyone that dares to love him gets sucked inside too. that's why i stay away from him, because i've seen it happen firsthand," she says.

"you don't deserve to be called a mother," zayn says.

she frowns. "it's no use, you're already in too deep. i don't want you to come here anymore."

"what right do you have to do that?"

she smiles, stepping out a bit then a few minutes later she walks in with a security guard and a nurse.

"i don't want him to be around my son anymore," she says to them, pointing at zayn. "he shouldn't be allowed anymore visits."

"you can't do that," zayn shakes his head, but he's panicking internally. "i brought him here and i've been with him ever since. tell her she can't do that."

zayn turns to the nurse, he recognizes her from his time in the hospital.

"i'm sorry, but she's the next of kin," the nurse says.

"bullshit!" zayn raises his voice. the security guard steps in and towers over him. "you can't stop me from seeing him."

zayn knows and feels that he has no power here, and he's never felt any more helpless. he pleads for them to let him see harry one more time but his proposal is rejected and he's practically kicked out of the hospital.

he doesn't know what to feel. he has hope that harry would wake up soon, but he wanted to be there when harry does. he doesn't want harry to see his evil mother the first time he comes back to consciousness. he can just imagine all the things she'd say and how it would set harry back.

harry deserves way better.

he feels helpless just hanging around the hospital, he decides to go home to his apartment so he can wallow in self pity there.

when he gets there, it feels even emptier than it was before he left it. of course the last time he left it he was kicking justin out of it.

he frowns, his brain trying to make sense of all the things that niall told him earlier about justin and harry knowing each other a long time ago.

he also remembers what harry's mom said about harry and his step-brother. he doesn't believe it, but he can't stop thinking about it. he shakes his head, what is he doing? he should learn how to trust harry this time.

sure harry has broken his trust before, but this is different. he wouldn't do it a second time.

his thoughts keep alternating between harry and justin and harry and his mom. tired of thinking it, he brings out his phone to call someone.

he calls justin, but he doesn't answer so he sends him a text.

zayn: do you still want to talk? come to my apartment if you do.

he sighs before hitting the send button and keeping his phone away.

...

hella sleepy but i'm tired of procrastinating. vote and commend lads!!