chapter three : long story short

The two of them decided to eat breakfast outside even though there is one restaurant which resides at the first floor of its condominium but Ningguang had tasted almost all of their meals since it is where she normally and usually eats. So Beidou came up an idea to walk across the alley, Ningguang was complaining at this point because she hated walking far distances but it was merely a five minute walk anyways. Beidou insisted going themselves at the popular Wanmin Restaurant since she also mentioned about having discount coupons. Having no choice due to her hunger, Ningguang agreed in the end.

Of course, when a restaurant is popular there are long cues outside so Beidou and Ningguang had to wait for about a minute before proceeding outside. With the betrayal, Ningguang huffed and glared at Beidou, "If we only ate at that café in the building then we wouldn't be waiting here in line." she complained, crossing her arms in frustration.

Then Ningguang stumbled back when a man purposely nudged her shoulder, giving her a dirty smile after. With that, Beidou furrowed her eyebrows and switched places with Ningguang, grabbing the man by his shoulder, "Hey, man. If I were you I wouldn't do that," she said coldly, "Apologize, motherfucker." she whispered menacingly.

Ningguang slightly gasped so she patted her back reassuringly, "It's fine, don't bother..." she spoke softly, calming the tiger beside her.

The man was about to snicker when he caught Beidou's eyes and had never seen someone look at him deeply as though he's already being murdered by them, "Gah! I—I'm sorry, M-Miss!" he stammered and went away, frightened.

Beidou clicked her tongue in annoyance, "Tsk! If them perverts try to lay a finger on you, they would experience a nice beating from me." she flexed her knuckles before folding her arms.

Ningguang didn't know where her concern is coming from but being overly protected by her made her heart skip a beat all of a sudden. Even though Beidou may be harsh and reckless with her actions, she knew that her intentions are for their own good.

Or maybe Beidou is like this when it comes to her friends so it's best if she wouldn't assume otherwise.

Also the fact that Beidou is currently taken by someone else.

She guessed it's based from her natural actions. Something she does to almost everyone else so basically, she isn't the top priority.

Then one staff approached and told them to proceed even though they may have skipped three people in line but Beidou is known here and is friends with the owner's daughter so they are treated as VIP's which isn't a commonly thing for Ningguang.

They sat on a lovely table which made Ningguang think that it's a date and also because she hadn't been in one before, she felt the loud beating on her chest again while Beidou seemed to look relaxed with it. Ningguang wondered how many ladies she must have been with before that makes her get used to dates like this. Because in fact, right now, Ningguang is panicking that she's seated in front of Beidou.

"Captain! Heyya! Ooh~ Even you managed to persuade a CEO?" Xiangling teased, half amused, "I see, you really have good taste in women." she blurted out.

Beidou chuckled and looked over at Ningguang, "Oh, no. You must have misunderstood the situation," she waved her hands in disapproval, "She's Lady Ningguang, my friend." she smiled.

Friend. It shot Ningguang a bullet that pierced deeply into her chest.

Xiangling frowned then nodded anyways, somehow doubting what she's saying, "Whatever you say, Captain..." she shook her head, "Anyway, where is that lady you were always with? The other woman with white hair and a beautiful face?" she even pulled a chair to catch up with her gossip, leaving Ningguang to have no choice but to listen to them although a part of her is really interested with Beidou's mysterious life.