゚+*:;;:*Norton x GN!Reader*:;;:*+゚

A/N: I made another x reader lmao. I said this would be a ship book, but I may as well turn it into an x reader book. I need a source of comfort anyway.

I got this idea from a NortNaib fanart I came across. I don't know who the artist is though so I don't want to put the photo on this chapter.

Key!
Y/N: Your name
L/N: Last name
Y/O: Your occupation

This is a gender neutral x reader but I'm use to writing fem readers so I apologize if it seems a little more on the feminine side. Also, this is more on the platonic side ^^

TW: IMPLIED PANIC ATTACK

Incase anyone asks! I'm still taking a hiatus from my NortNaib fan fiction due to lack of motivation. I'm very sorry to disappoint. I am working on a new chapter for it though, but I don't know when I'll finish it. Sorry again!!

**✿❀ ❀✿**

You had received an invitation to participate in a 'game' at a place called Oletus Manor, and if you won the game, you'd be paid a very handsome grand of money. At first, you were incredibly suspicious of this sudden invitation. Obviously it knew of your current situation and struggles, since the invite indirectly mentioned your personal life. Although you were skeptical, you were in desperate need of money. This, 'game', was your only spark of hope left.

You were standing in front of the 2 large oak doors, heart racing, and sweat drops rolling down your cheek. It was 6:00 at night. You took a deep breath in and out, and finally gained the courage to knock.

*knock knock knock*

You anxiously waited for someone to answer the door while fiddling with your fingers. A few moments later, the old oak doors began to creak open slowly to reveal, a short, brunette haired girl, with attire that looked to be a gardener. She looked at you for a second, before giving you a toothy grin and putting her hand out to shake.

"Hiya! You must be the new survivor. My name is Emma Woods, nice to meet you!"

The brunette who you now know as 'Emma' greeted. Your facial expression softened at her cheerful personality, and you gently accepted her hand.

"Pleased to meet your acquaintance Ms. Woods. I'm Y/N L/N. If you don't mind me asking, did you say survivor?"

You greeted and asked as she gestured for you to come inside. She closed the large doors and turned back towards you to reply.

"No need for the formalities, just Emma is fine! And to answer your question, yes! As you know, coming to this manor means you're choosing to participate in this, 'game'. I'll explain more later but first, I want to introduce you to everyone and get you settled in! All the others are in the dining hall, waiting to meet you!"

Emma said as she skipped down the hall to, presumably, the dining hall. You hummed in reply and followed behind the gardener silently. She then stopped in front of a door and rested her hand on the knob, before looking at you again.

"Don't be nervous! Most of the people here are very nice and friendly. You'll feel at home in no time!"

It seemed the brunette had noticed your heavy and unsteady breathing pattern as she rested her other hand on your shoulder. You nodded and softly smiled at her reassurance, and she then turned the knob and opened the door.

Anxiety.

Anxiety was all you could think of. Everyone in the room immediately averted their attention to you. All eyes were on you, and your heart began racing so fast, you felt as if your legs were going to collapse beneath you. But you didn't want to cause a commotion on your first day there, and leave a negative impression on anyone. You let out a deep breath as you looked around the room of diverse people.