Chapter 2: Stained Shirt

I was walking along the hall way when I bumped into someone while I was trying to open my drink.

“Oh my Gosh, I’m so sorry.” I said apologetically eyeing a soppy stained shirt before me.

Really? How fate could be mean sometimes.

This is the second time I bumped into someone already, and no doubt it was my fault now.

“What the—“ He groaned, examining his shirt, but stops as soon as he looked up to me.

Just then not a word came out from his mouth, probably he was too angry at me to even say a word. I blinked an eye, waiting for him to curse me but nothing came out.

Instead he was looking at me with a simper displayed across his lips.

“I’m so sorry, I wasn’t looking to where I was going and I never meant to spill my drink on you, if you want I could just wash it, I really am so so—“

“Whoa, its fine really.” He cut me off, waving it off as if it was no big deal to him.

I blinked once, twice. I couldn’t believe everyone’s being nice to me. This is freaking Connor! The hottest guy at Finlay High School.

He was never nice to people, and doesn’t talk to anyone except his friends. When I say his ‘friends’ it means the elite ones, well. They are the group of teenagers who practically rule the school, not to be mean but they are the bossy ones.

“I’ll let this thru unless, you go to out with me?” He continued, with a smug grin.

“Y… You mean I owe you a date?” I stuttered, making sure I heard the right words.

“Precisely!” He smirked.

“N… No one ever wanted to go on a date with me.” I stammered feeling nervous with the situation.

“But I do.” He finished with a smile.

The hottest male specie I’ve ever seen is front of me asking me out! I would have said yes, I would have agreed immediately but this is the real deal…

He doesn’t recognize who I was!

That was the most painful thing that happened to me, I mean is happening to me. The guy I liked, the guy who I have dreamed for my whole life is asking out the girl who I wasn’t.

Technically this is me, but I mean physically. The girl she’s asking out on a date isn’t who he thinks I was.

Or maybe he’s just messing with me. Maybe this is one of his twisted game, a bet perhaps, or… students are watching us from behind the lockers then film everything to embarrass the hell out of me.

I nervously look around me and everything was fine. There was nothing suspicious, but I can’t do this. I don’t know but my sanity doesn’t work well, especially in front of a guy.

 “I… I....” I opened my mouth but closed it, walking past him and quickly strode away from him.

--c--

“You what?” Chantry exclaimed, with wide eyes.

“I mean how come you said NO to a guy you had a crush since like forever?” She continued.

“He didn’t even recognized me, and for a fact I didn’t say NO. I went mute and walk past him.” I pouted, eyeing my shoe like it was the most interesting stuff in the world.

“But still he asked you out.” She beamed, showing her full white teeth.

“Not me, the person I ‘am dressed up to.” I retorted with a sigh.