+ prolouge

Hiya! I'm Defelala, AKA Defe!

My pronouns are They/Xe/Thee/He, and I'm a twitch streamer and a youtuber. I can get quite busy at times, so please don't rush me for updates.

This story contains suggestive content and implied sex. Nothing too explicit, I don't like writing porn lol. And yes, I have an actual plotwise reason to add in these scenes. It both ties into the time period and something that happens late in the fic. Be respectful, and don't say weird shit in my comments.

No, this fanfic is not inspired by "Roadtrip" by Dream. It's actually inspired by "Dear Fellow Traveler" by Sea Wolf.

~

As always, the song is inspo

enjoy! 💖

~

He was going to die here, wasn't he? Surrounded by miles of farmland and a stupidly small town where the most exciting thing that happened was the annual livestock show.

George sighed, grabbing another dirty cup and dunking it in the murky water. Even the soap bubbles were dull, barely staying a minute before they disappeared. He wiped his forehead with his arm, sighing. The AC was broken again. He would need to call Darryl, the handyman again soon.

Darryl was sweet, but a little awkward. He was a good friend of George's though, having helped him get this job when he got fired from his last one since his boss found out about his... well... "perverse nature".

Thank God Darryl didn't seem to mind that he was gay. Otherwise George probably would've been stuck doing some dirty job, cleaning up after livestock at some farm hours away from his house. That kind of work would break George even more than he had already been broken. The scrawny boy just wasn't cut out for hard labor like that. Not that this job was any better though.

Now that he thought about it though, Darryl did seem to give off some sort of familiar feeling. George would be lying if he said he hadn't wondered if his friend was queer too. There was just something about the way he looked at the owner of the diner.

The ground shook a little with the hum of a car driving down the road. Dim lights held up solely by ducktape and the will of god buzzed, reminding George that he needed to replace them soon.

A door slamming shut and the beep of a car locking signaled to George that a new customer had arrived. He didn't look up, it not being his problem until the person actually walked through the door.

He pondered on who it was, seeing as none of the regulars came in on Sundays. Well, not this early at least. Mr. Minecraft ate lunch with his second wife and three kids a bit later in the day, and Puffy only came around by the time George's shift was over.

The brrring of the door's bell going off brought him out of his thoughts, and George glanced up to see if his guess that it was Mrs. Innit picking up some lunch for her son and husband was correct.

Instead of the sweet blond woman standing in the doorway, a stranger stood there.

He looked a little sickly, with his thin nature and dark eyes, but it might've been the lighting. It was pretty dark in the diner, even during the day.

The person met his gaze, and George felt his heart jump. He sat down, sliding into a booth. Something about him was enchanting, and George found that he just couldn't look away.

Dishes all but forgotten, George went over to take his order. He was the only person working in the diner that day, but that was okay because it was always slow on Sundays. Not that it was ever really busy on other days. The most people George had seen in the diner at once was when the Fishers had a family reunion a few years ago. He was grateful Nick had shared a shift with him that day, or he might've just blown his brains out by the time they all finished ordering.