Chapter 16 - 𝑲𝒆𝒏𝒎𝒂, 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑩𝒂𝒌𝒂

Start from the beginning

"I just-" she went to reply to him but a loud shriek from the tv cut her off and made her jump in response.

Kenma knew it was mean, but he tried to stop himself from laughing at you. "You want to come closer?" He didn't mind.

"N-no." She lied. "I'm not scared Kenma."

The man realized it was pointless trying to persuade you to admit your terror, so he wrapped his arm around you to draw you closer.

"Don't worry the Babadook only kills kids, you'll be fine." He though that would make her feel better but then he quickly realized. "Oh." He looked at you.

[Y/n] was at a lost for words. "Kenma-" She blinked at him in amazement.

"S-sorry." He forgot. Then the realization came to him. He put on a movie about a single mother and her son dealing with evil spirits?—For [Y/n]. Who lived alone. With her son.

Jesus Christ. He paused the movie.

"Yeah, actually, maybe this isn't such a good idea." He stopped while he was ahead.

[Y/n] was relieved but she didn't want to look like she was some sort of soft and fragile woman. "Why'd you stop it?"

"I don't think we're the target audience for this movie." He gave an apologetic laugh. Kuroo's ideas are stupid. Kenma knew he shouldn't have listened to him. Now what?

"Hold on." He pried [Y/n] off of him—which he was very upset he had to do. It felt nice being smothered inside a woman's embrace.

Kenma approached the television and pressed a button on the device underneath it, which began to glow. Once it was switched on he returned to the bed.

All these years of advanced technology and he still has to get out of bed to press buttons?

"What's happening?" You were clueless.

The confused woman was given a controller by Kenma. "I'm going to see how my Minecraft farm is doing. You know, shear my sheep and butcher some cows, plant some crops." Before he opened the app on his console he explained everything to you.

You sat upright, very intrigued with what was going on. Playing Minecraft on a 146 inch flatscreen? That was something you could get behind.

The man changed the settings to multiplayer and enabled a spilt-screen so the both of you could play at the same time. He also allowed you to choose your own skin. Once all that was all taken care of, he opened his world.

"What am I going to do?" Or were you simply just here for moral support?

"Pick flowers." Kenma answered and [Y/n] gave him the deadliest glare.

He turned to the side of him after feeling your intense gaze. "No, no, I didn't mean it like that." He caught onto his hidden misogyny. "I need them to make dye." Gender had nothing to do with it.

"You know what, here." He dropped his sword for you. "You can go slaughter the animals, I'll pick flowers." This was actually a huge honour. Not even Kuroo got to touch his livestock. Kenma took his agricultural work very seriously.

[Y/n] actually wanted to go pick flowers since they were pretty, so she declined his offer. "You can go kill the animals," since it seemed to be so important to him—kind of concerning though. Why was he so passionate about murdering animals?

She abandoned him at his base to travel to the flower biome in the distance. Because of the fact that her only task was to pick flowers, she didn't require any weapons or tools.

Kenma left you alone and didn't bother to warn you about the mobs over there. The man thought it would be amusing to let you hand fight a couple zombies, so he went about his business without remorse.

You began picking flowers at random. "Do you need a particular colour?" The woman inquired.

"Pick your favorites, it doesn't really matter." When you left to go home he would probably go on a journey to get some more anyways. He just needed something to do to keep you both occupied for the night.

The woman hummed in agreement and continued her flower foraging. Minutes went by and Kenma had yet to see her die. Maybe the mobs burned up from the sunlight. Bummer. Or maybe she did die and he just never noticed because she didn't say anything.

"Kenma!" [Y/n] eagerly called out to him.

"Yeah?" He was making bread with the left over wheat from breeding. Did she die?

"Look." She needed his attention on her screen.

"What?" He looked over at her side of the tv and saw a black cat instead of the respawn screen. "How the hell did you get inside a swamp??" There weren't any nearby.

"Can I keep it?" She wanted the cat.

"Yeah, bury it in a hole until I come and get you." He'd bring some fish.

Truth be told, he wasn't going to give you that cat. He'd tame it himself. His map, his cat. Sometimes as a man he had to make tough decisions like this. He'll make it up to you later. You could probably get one of those regular village cats. But this one? No way.

"Wait nevermind, I see a fish in the pond." [Y/n] didn't need Kenma's help. She'd just punch it a couple times until it died and tame the cat.

Kenma stopped sprinting to her coordinates and instead watched her screen. "I don't think you can tame a cat with one fish. I've been playing this game for years now and I've never been able to-"

[Y/n] fed the cat her one fish and it sat down with the heart outbursts, showing that it had been tamed.

Kenma was at a lost for words. So much so that the man couldn't even finish his sympathy speech. "Oh. You got it on the first try? Good job." He was obviously bitter about it.

" He was obviously bitter about it