0.2

" I went for the head

" I went for the head. "
+

She heard their conversation from around the corner. One that entailed the fantasy of killing the one man who caused all of this... this pain and this darkness. She could hear the determination in Carol Danvers's voice, so bold as if she were confident enough they'd find Thanos weakened enough to do what should've been done those some odd weeks ago. She wish she felt that confidence. Instead, all she felt was alone.

"Brilliant. I'm in." The girl smiles subtly as the group of adults lower their gazes at the petite girl. She meets each of their surprised stares, eyebrows furrowing just the same, "what? Are we gonna go kill that giant purple asshole or not?"

"You're not." Steve was the first to speak up, a fatherly instinct that he'd only ever hold for her, "you're going to stay here."

A scoff escapes her lips, a roll of her eyes indicating she no longer gave a shit was Steve Rogers had to father his way into. "Like I give two fucks about what you say-"

"Rowan." Natasha interrupts the teenager with a slight scold, her blatant rebellion earning her a snicker from the raccoon who found everything that had to do with dirty words and harsh cussing absolutely hilarious.

The brunette sighs, trying to control herself, before muttering an apology, "please, Steve."

Steve glances around the group containing Thor, Carol, Natasha, Nebula and Rocket, holding each of their gazes as his final stare was with a nodding Captain Marvel. Although the girl had never interacted with the hero, an intimidating stature that captain marvel has, she already knew she was going to like her. Rowan raises a brow, holding out a hand towards the approving Carol Danvers. Cap sighs, shaking his head, "alright, fine. But, you're not leaving my side. Got it?"

"Let's go. We don't have much time." Nebula grabs ahold of the youngest girl's arm, dragging her along as the rest of the crew follows suit.

-

Her eyes travel across the scenery, a vibrant green of luscious grass and thick bush that coats the ground in a brilliant freshness, flowers blowing slightly from the south breeze that only seems to be hitting this occupied land. Peaceful. Rowan found it hard to believe such a cruel man could be rewarded with such beauty. He didn't belong here; tainting mother nature's hard work with his vileness.

Thanos is walking among his crops, harvesting fruit, and putting them in a sack. He walks over to the shed, with a dragging quality to his legs, like it pains him to walk, presumably his living quarters, and tries to sit down. His whole left side is burnt black with blisters; He looks ridiculously pathetic, a weakened state that could be all thanks to the burnt infinity gauntlet still encasing his arm. A broken man.

The team lands quietly in the thick brush, their plane hidden behind the tall greenery. The heroes begin to file out as Rowan seems to linger, a horrible knot in her stomach that always seems to appear at the worst of times. She tries to shove it back down her throat, its severity making itself known with a quick breath and a staggering step. Natasha places a steadying hand on her back, leaning down to face the smallest avenger who seems to be in great pain. "You alright, doll?"