Dragon x Reader

You were a detective assigned to investigate a recent string of abductions in your town, Sunvale. It was a quiet place with only 9,000 or so people in it. You got thefts or domestic disputes, but rarely kidnapping, and especially not a serial abductor.

The victims were all young women, too. Which made some rumors go around that there might be a serial killer on the loose. Without the bodies, though, you couldn't be sure. What you could be sure of was that the whole thing creeped you the fuck out. Each victim had your eye and hair color, and some had similar facial structures as you. It was clear the suspect had a type, and what scared you is that said type was you.

You were working late at the office filling out and filling paperwork. The melodic tune of rain was the only thing that was keeping you from wanting to pull your hair out. Being a detective wasn't the Sherlock Holmes type of thing you were led to believe. Yes, you solved crimes, but most of the time that involved you sitting in a shitty office chair for hours and hours getting the correct papers in order. You sipped your coffee/tea and decided to skim through some of the weirder files to occupy your boredom. You couldn't be expected to work overtime and not take a break.

You pulled out a file and opened the Manila folder. Your co-workers had told you about this one, the Cult of Nafyroth. Apparently they were a small group that sprouted up in the 90's that worshipped a dragon. They believed that enough female sacrifices to said dragon would appease him and he would reward his followers. Y'know, crazy cult stuff. You flipped through the dossier, taking in all the details of the investigation. Only two members were caught and neither one spilled anything but surface level information. They were charged with the abductions of 12 women, as well as the suspicion of murdering each of them. You were interrupted by a scream for help outside. Being law enforcement, you ran outside to help-after calling dispatch of course.

You ran out the door of the office building and towards the direction of the scream. Another one came, which made you only run faster. You arrived on the scene and made yourself known. There was no response. You considered just waiting for armed officers to arrive, since all you had was a flashlight, but you were afraid that someone might need help now. After a few deep breaths, you mustered up the courage to go in there. You prayed that you would be able to give someone the beat down with your flashlight if you had to.

Of course you had to enter an abandoned construction site. It looks like someone was going to build a shop here but gave up for whatever reason. Half-built shelves in the darkness created a labyrinth around you. The moonlight didn't reach very far past the tall wood structures. You were so vulnerable in here, but you were committed. You made it to the back of the store and immediately noticed the figures in front of you. Two men were dragging a woman out the back entrance. They stopped in place when they noticed you. One of them nodded at you-or that's what you thought at first, until a strong arm grabbed yours and you felt something sharp go in your skin. The contents of the needle entered your bloodstream as you tried to thwack the assailant with your light source. They knocked it out of your hand and threw you over their shoulder. Your thrashing and screaming tired you out even faster, and you felt your vision swirl and fade away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You opened your eyes to see the weirdest scene in your life. You were on a hillside overlooking the town. People in robes, hoods, and lizard masks kneeled before you. Above you was a statue of a dragon. It was beautiful, well made, and life like. You were tied to a stone throne and you noticed someone had changed you into a long, white dress. You wanted to scream and curse at the people before you, but you were gagged. Stupid robed assholes.

They started chanting as one man walked up to you. His hood had two holes where horns protruded from the mask. In his hand was a silver dagger. These people really took the whole dragon thing seriously. He addressed the group, "We have another sacrifice, children of Nafyroth." They cheered. "Soon, we will have his blessing. With his power, we will spread his influence to the world." The cultists clapped and began chanting again. You didn't like this one bit. You didn't want to get murdered to appease the loony beliefs of a group of nutjobs, yet that seemed to be your fate. The man grabbed your hand and slit into it. The cultists cheered and talked amongst themselves. One shouted that they should go and get some takeout. Apparently that was a great idea as they all left shortly after, leaving you alone with a bloody hand in an incredibly uncomfortable stone chair.

~~~~~~~~~~

You had been stargazing for what seemed like hours when you noticed something flying above you. You figured it must've been a bird or a bat, hopefully whatever it was had more interesting things to bother than you. Sighing, you wished you could've gotten some takeout too. Your stomach growled at the thought of what food they might've had. You would kill for a taco right now.

After reminiscing about what you had for lunch, you looked back up at the sky. The flying creature from before was no longer there, just the Milky Way. At least whatever it was wouldn't be your problem.

Well, you were wrong.

Something the size of a commercial airplane was coming towards you, fast. You didn't know what scared you more, the fact that it was headed right for you, or the fact that it looked like something that crawled right out of a Dungeons and Dragons handbook. It was a giant lizard, but with great wings protruding from its back. Its deep blue scales shimmered in the moonlight and its ivory horns looked sleek. Just when you thought this day couldn't get any weirder, a fucking dragon shows up. It turns out the cultists were right after all.

The dragon landed meters away. Its long legs closed the distance with ease. Its snout was only mere inches from you. It stopped for a moment, then it cut you free. Despite your bindings being removed, you were still stuck to the chair. You didn't want to run and get chased down, but you also didn't want to sit here and let it turn you into a barbecued meal. You didn't know what to do so your brain just froze. It seemed like the dragon chose for you as it grabbed you in one of it's large, clawed hands and took off. You finally snapped out of your stupor and realized you were fucked. You were at least a hundred feet in the air, a fall you doubted you could withstand. There was no point in thrashing, you'd just have to make a break for it once you landed.

You yawned. You had been up all night and was absolutely drained. The rhythm of flapping wings mixed with the warmth of the dragon's hand lulled you to sleep as it carried you off towards its nest.

~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up next to something solid and warm. You turned and was poked by what felt like straw. You opened your eyes to see it was indeed straw, and that you were laying next to the dragon. Backing away from the beast, terrified, you wondered why it hadn't eaten you yet. It had every opportunity to do so, yet it didn't. Why?

You backed into what you learned was the dragon's hoard of valuables. A few coins tumbled to the ground, causing the beast to stir. Crap, you had woken it up. It got up and stretched forward and back, like a cat. It then came over to you. You closed your eyes, prepared to become a snack, when you felt something warm and soft on your lips. Opening you eyes, you were face to face with a man—well, kind of. He had four horns on his head, just like the dragon, as well as deep, ocean blue hair. His skin had patches of little blue scales all along his arms, chest, and neck. Two wings came from his shoulder blades and a long, scaly, blue tail fell behind him. One of his hands came and caressed your cheek and you noticed he had long, black, talon‐like nails.

"My mate," he whispered to himself. The look in his bright blue eyes screamed lust, which made you very uncomfortable. "I've been waiting thousands of years, and I've finally found you." He went for another kiss. You turned, leaving him kissing your cheek instead. "Ah," he chuckled, "Defiant, I see. Cute. But you will know your place in time." He forced your head still and did not miss your lips this time. The kiss was long, passionate, and rough. You didn't kiss back, which you could tell made him upset. He got up and searched for something in his cave.

There was so much crap everywhere that he could put professional hoarders to shame. There should be enough time for you to escape, so you got up and tried to make a run for it. You got to the exit of the cave but had to stop yourself from falling to your death. Below you was a three story fall before you would reach the next foothold that could sustain your weight.  You considered your options, but was interrupted by the dragon dragging you back to the straw. He laid you on an animal fur and got on top of you. "You are going to enjoy this, my love," he said and he started kissing your neck. You squirmed, but he was too strong. "You and I are going to be together," he paused, kissing your lips again,

"Forever."