amycus sneered evilly as he grabbed a bat and regulus watched as he approached him and swung to hit him right in the stomach. the death eaters all laughed while regulus was bent double once more, the wind was completely knocked out of him. he vaguely heard the protests of the members of the order but the pain he was feeling was making him go deaf, as it seemed. voldemort grabbed regulus by the hair once more and made him sit up right, he grabbed his face and made him look into his red eyes.

"did you kill lucius malfoy?" asked voldemort, regulus couldn't think about how he knew but he looked up at him and nodded, he had nothing to lose, he knew he'd be tortured until he was killed and so he was going to tell him.

"barty too," said regulus, spitting the blood he had in his mouth onto voldemort's robe, "i also know your secret."

"amycus," said voldemort as he looked at regulus with a hint of fear but regulus couldn't think about it much before he got hit on the back of the head with the bat.

"- stop hurting him!" cried a voice, not a male one, so it wasn't either james or sirius and wasn't mature enough to be andromeda or narcissa.

"come forward," said voldemort to whoever it was.

regulus, in a very dazed state, searched the crowd and started moving in his seat, as though trying to get out if it when he saw hannah, the hufflepuff he helped fine her class and the one who made him the card he still has, emerge from the crowd. he thought she was in fourth year now, he couldn't really think straight. regulus tried to undo the knot but these were magical bounds he was tied to and he couldn't move his hands to use his magic to free himself from them.

"ha- han- hannah!" yelled regulus weakly but she heard, she only shook her head and then looked to voldemort, seemingly fearless. 

"hannah, is that your name?" asked voldemort to which the girl nodded.

"don't hurt regulus, whatever it is you think he's done, he hasn't," she said and regulus began wriggling around in an attempt to get out of these bounds before this girl got herself killed.

"please, someone help," whispered regulus to himself, "please, please. anyone, get her away. please."

"regulus!" shouted sirius, but that only got him a kick in the ribs from severus snape, who was enjoying this way too much.

"do you know what happens to liars, hannah?" asked voldemort to the girl, pointing his wand right at her forehead which panicked regulus, "they get what's coming to them, much like mudbloods like yourself."

"tom, come up here and fight someone your own size!" yelled regulus, his mouth had blood in it that came from his nose and he knew his head was bleeding too but he couldn't and wouldn't let hannah die, "without that freak carrow. just you and me."

voldemort had come to the end of his tether with regulus and he flicked his wand at him, realising him from his bounds and amycus, who was behind regulus, pushing him from the seat. he landed on his hands and knees and shakily got up to his feet, he was covered in his own blood. he got himself ready for whatever voldemort was going to do to him. regulus wasn't on his top form after what had happened and voldemort shot a spell at him and he was thrown back to the wall.

james watched and decided he wasn't just going to sit here let these death eaters keep him from defending regulus. he grabbed snape's wand from his hand and fired stupefy towards voldemort and then sirius got up and pushed snape to the ground and he was covered by james who deflected any curses that were sent their way. the whole order got up and began their revolt. regulus felt himself being grabbed and then he was flying in amongst black mist and then he was dropped to the ground.

"get up," said voldemort, kicking regulus in the ribs, "dumbledore tells me you're powerful and i should fear you as he does."

"you should," grunted regulus who got up but then was thrown back down by a curse voldemort had sent towards him.

"why don't you prove it?"

- - -

a/n

hannah is the baddest b😌✋🏻