seventy

~*~*~

~*~*~

"be safe, whatever it is you're doing, okay?"

~*~*~

"is anyone going to speak?" asked sirius as he looked between either ends of the table with each black sister at either end.

"you could've told me that she would be here," said narcissa, looking at regulus angrily who hid behind james who was sat closest to narcissa, while regulus was nearest andromeda. ted, sirius and remus were at the other side of the table. kreacher was looking after nymphadora in the lounge, accompanied with lyra and noir.

"would you have come with me if i did tell you?" asked regulus as he looked at narcissa who just rolled her eyes at him, "well, you can go back to your house where voldemort is, if that's what you'd rather?"

narcissa looked down at her stomach and shook her head slightly, which answered regulus' question because she didn't want to go back, who would? andromeda shook her head too, more so out of anger. both sisters had their arms and legs crossed, looking away from one another stubbornly.

"so, who's side are you on?" asked narcissa, towards regulus, "because it seems like you can't pick one."

"i'm on the side that keeps all of you alive, which is neither because both are led by incompetent so-called leaders," said regulus, leaning back in his chair, waiting for andromeda to say something, really anything would be welcomed at this point of the awkward silence.

"how's the pregnancy going?" asked andromeda softly, because she hoped her little sister was having a safe, health pregnancy because she loved her, despite everything.

"fine," said narcissa dryly, continuing looking away from her, "will you ever decorate this place, reg?"

"that's besides the point," said regulus as he stood up, "we'll leave you two to talk. everyone, out."

they all listened to regulus, knowing better not to and left the sisters to talk in the kitchen. regulus was the last one out and he shut the door behind him and everyone went into the lounge, everyone except james. he reached for regulus' hand and took it into his, rubbing his thumb over his knuckles.

"i need to go," said regulus after a moment of looking at the little bits of gold he could see within james' hazel irises.

"where?" asked james with a creased brow, stepping closer to him to move regulus' hair from his forehead with his free hand.

"it's not a death eater thing, it's my own thing," said regulus to which james nodded at understandingly, he still didn't know what regulus was up to, but he knew it was important and so he didn't question him.

"be safe, whatever it is you're doing, okay?" asked james quietly, giving him a peck on the lips.

"i will be," replied regulus, he dropped james' hand slowly, not wanting to leave him but he knew he had to destroy this diadem, he couldn't and wouldn't wait any longer.

he ran up to his room and unlocked the drawer, seeing the diadem that felt evil as soon as he was exposed to it. he grabbed it and shoved it into his jacket pocket. he announced to the house he was leaving and he shut the door behind him. regulus hated doing what he was about to do, but he had to make sure they all stayed in the house. he put his hand onto the door handle and muttered the same locking incantation that he done to his desk drawer that had the diadem in it, so no one could open it even with the unlocking charm. he didn't want to keep them locked in there so they couldn't get out, but if they left the house and tried to leave the street, they couldn't because of the forcefield regulus had put around it and he couldn't risk that.

perhaps he could say it was just to keep voldemort out but then they might want to ask how they can get out so they can go to diagon alley or just go a walk when they wanted, and he couldn't have that. they could easily just never come back or they could be hunted and killed by death eaters when they were out. he didn't want to not know where they were and he didn't want them to be able to just leave whenever they wanted. he needed to know where they were at all times and he really couldn't be bothered with that long conversation about why he was doing everything he was doing and so he was just going to keep it to himself.

regulus walked up the hill he'd apparated to. he remembered this from his childhood, when he and sirius came to play here, playing the game with sticks, pretending to be grown up wizards having a duel. it's strange to think that, as youngsters, they were supposed to be against each other, as if it was their only path and it almost was. regulus being a death eater and sirius being part of the order, they could've been doing their game they played when they were young, but for real and maliciously. however, even being put into different (and rival) hogwarts houses, being in the different sides in a war, it still couldn't break the natural love and bond they have. that made regulus smile as he stood on top of that hill.

he looked out onto the view of london the hill offered. it still amazed him just as it did when he was a boy, how the muggles lived their london life. he and sirius were always curious about how they lived and what they did in their day to day lives. muggle studies was quite interesting to both pureblood boys but they never dared to express their fascination to their parents.

regulus stopped reminiscing on things that he didn't have time for or things he couldn't change and stretched his arm out to point towards the ground and he held his hand out. by doing this, he created a deep hole into the earth's soil that he was planning to put the diadem in, which he did. he done the same action with his hand after throwing the diadem in, still being able to see the diadem sparkling in the sunlight and just with his hand, he released fire into the hole he'd created, like he would create fiendfyre with a wand. it was the same thing just with his hand and the end result was the same because a burst of black mist broke through the fire and into the air, again with voldemort's face shaped into the mist, like it did with the hufflepuff cup.

regulus didn't mind seeing that however, because that meant it was destroyed. he stepped up to the hole and saw the diadem that now looked grey and broken, exactly what he wanted. he waved his hand over the hole and it was fixed, the soil was put back and the grass was back and it looked like it hadn't been to touched.

three down, however many to go.

- - -

a/n

fuck i just love it when regulus arcturus black✨🤌🏻

james is so lucky reggie is good with his hands like damn😳

just sum fax about olivia, me, i'm olivia or liv, if you want to call me that (yes, that's what i look like):