-22- Tree Girl

I'm sorry for taking so long. It's been a month, I know. Requested by @_cacophony_

_________________________

It's been a long day, and I can't help but think about everything. Why are we trapped here? Who put us here? Why am I here? I casually think about it, and I sigh heavily.

I look around the Glade, and go straight to the deadheads, where there are trees and leaves scattered on the ground which makes me happy since I love the outdoors, especially now I'm in the maze.

I sit by a tree, looking at everything in this shuck place. I look around until I see Newt, staring at me.

I blush, and he bites his lip. Damn, he is very cute. I can't stop staring at him, which makes it so rude because staring is rude, right?

I look away quickly and stare at the leafy ground.

"Okay greenie, what's going on in that beautiful head of yours." Someone said, and I look up to see Newt looking down on me with his hands on his hips.

"I have a name"

"Well, you are the greenie, so I could call you either greenie or Y/N, but greenie is gonna have to stick for a little while" He said as I groan.

"I hate being called greenie"

"Well, I should give a nickname for you" He said.

"Oh I know, Y/N" I said sarcastically, and he jokingly glared at me, which he laughed at and I giggled.

"What about tree girl?" He asked, and I raise my one eyebrow giving my seriously? look.

"Are you serious? Tree girl? I sound like a superhero with superpowers and that is growing trees" I said, and he burst out laughing.

"Ha.ha funny. It's cute but if you don't want it, I'll change it" Newt said, and I chuckled.

"By the way, what are doing here?" He asked, and I look down to pick some leaves.

"Oh Nothing, I am a tree girl. It's nice staying here for awhile"

"Well, since I'm here, wanna place your head on my shoulder for awhile, you seem exhausted" He said, and I blush.

"Newt, are you flirting with me?" I smirk, and he giggled.

"Oh, what a cute giggle." I said, as I pinched his cheeks, making me look at him in the eye, him staring back.

After a few minutes of looking at each other, he clears his throat.

"Thanks for the compliment" He scratches the back of his neck.

"Y-yeah." I said, and I smile weakly at him.

"Look, I have to go work" He said, and I smile weakly and nod.

Damn it. I made it awkward.

*

I walk around the Glade, and they were having a bonfire. I sit by a large log, and lean there, thinking about what happened earlier.

These mixed emotions I feel towards him. I hate it

I hate that I love him.

I cover my face with my hands, frustrated with myself, knowing he does not like me back.

I just wanna scream to the world that I love him but I can't.

"Why so glum, hon?" Someone asked, and I look up to see the one and only Newt.

"Nothing" I said with no emotion.

"Seriously, what is it?" He asked, as he sat down with me.

"I said it was nothing, just some stupid feelings" I muttered throwing pebbles infront of me.

"You know, you don't have to hide"

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking at him.

"It's hinted, you like me" He said, and I laughed.

"W-what? False, where did you get that information" I stuttered, making it more obvious.

"Okay first, you stuttered, second, everyone is telling me" He said, and I groan.

"Okay, I do. And everyday, I wished you were mine, I wished I could cuddle with you everyday, but the problem is I can't because you're not mine, and it's making me frustrated" I said, and Look down.

I feel Newt's finger below my chin, as he lifts my face looking directly at him.

"Then let's change it. You are mine" He said, as he placed his soft lips on mine. Making my eyes wide. I close them, savouring the moment.

We pull away, and the gladers hoot and holler. We both smile.

We cuddle up by the log near the bonfire.

________________________

a/n:

FINALLY I UPDATED!!

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE SCORCH TRIALS PICTURES OH MEHSBEB

I love you my darlings mwa 💋

-Danielle