Chapter 57 - New Owner

Start from the beginning

Kara gets out of bed and prepares for her day, showering and making herself and Alura breakfast, before then heading into her daughter's room to wake her up. As Kara enters Alura's room she sees that her daughter is sleeping so soundly and peacefully, like the perfect angel she is, even if at times she can be a bit of a terror when she doesn't get things she wants. An example of this occurred when Lena did not come home the previous night, but none the less, Kara loves her life as Alura's mom, and she wouldn't trade it for the world. It is kind of funny really, as when Kara first got pregnant, she thought that it was the worst thing that could happen to her, and that having a baby was going to ruin her personal life and her work life. In fact, Kara thought that a child would affect her life so much that she considered having an abortion, or simply putting the child up for adoption, but thankfully for her, her sister was there to support her and talk her through everything. Alex made it clear that no matter what, she would be there to help Kara, so having a child wouldn't mean that Kara's life would be completely upended. So, Kara ultimately decided to keep the baby, having made the decision about 3 months into her pregnancy, so still very early on. This was all affirmed to Kara to be the right choice when she first held Alura in her arms after giving birth to her. It was an incredible moment, and it made Kara cry with happiness. She felt this little girl in her arms, something she had made, with her body, and she already loved her so much, a love she didn't think she would have, seeing as she had never met her daughter before then, but the love was instant and overwhelming. The moment is one of Kara's favourite moments of her entire life, and it was made all the more better by the fact that the only people who shared the moment with her, were the doctor who delivered the baby, and Alex, who also happened to be the first person to hold Alura after the doctor, handing off the baby to Kara for the first time.

"Alura, darling, it's time to wake up." Kara smiles, lovingly, tears in her eyes as she remembers giving birth to Alura.

"Hmmgmmm.." Alura groans, as she begins to wake up.

Kara smiles even wider at her daughter, before leaning down and placing a loving kiss on the five-year-old's cheek.

"You need to wake up, sweetie." Kara says, again.

This time Alura opens her eyes and rolls over and looks at Kara.

"...Morning... mommy." Alura says, with a yawn.

"Good morning, Alura. Did you sleep well?" Kara asks.

"Yes." Alura nods, and then gets a confused look on her face as she looks at her mother.

"What's the matter, honey?" Kara asks, noticing her daughter's look.

"Have you been crying?" Alura asks, worried and confused.

"Oh." Kara says, chuckling, as she wipes the tears from her face, "Yes, sorry, but they were happy tears. Before I woke you up, I was thinking about the day you were born, and how happy I was when I held you in my arms for the first time."

Alura now smiles up at Kara, widely.

"I love you mommy." Alura says.

"I love you too, sweetie." Kara smiles, leaning down again and placing a big kiss on her daughter's forehead.

Alura giggles, happily.

"Anyway, I was just speaking to momma, and she is going to pick you up from school today. Would you like that?" Kara asks, with a smirk, knowing the answer already.

"YES!!" Alura says, excitedly, while wiggling in her bed from the excitement.

Kara chuckles.

"Okay then." Kara says, before then leaning down again and giving Alura another big kiss on her cheek. "That kiss was from momma. She wanted me to give you a morning kiss for her, seeing as she isn't here this morning."