Chapter 3

¦Chapter 3¦

+++

You were thankful you parents were out on a business trip since you would rather not have them question you when you haven't even sorted out your thoughts. You made sure the front door was locked before you slid down the door, your bag long forgotten at your side as your head replayed what happened moments ago.

Were you perhaps pushing Sanemi too much as of recently? No, because that's how you normally treated him. There was absolutely no change in your behavior, aside from asking for lessons in the kitchen, so that meant the change occurs with Sanemi but what was the change and why did he change were the questions swirling in your head.

You just couldn't understand what was going on with him.

You looked at your now remembered bag as you contemplated to fish your phone out and call Mitsuri or Tengen to ask what was wrong with Sanemi recently but you chose against it knowing they probably had more questions for you than you had for them. Knowing asking for advice wasn't an option, you were left to figure out why he suddenly changed.

Of course throughout the night it was unavoidable to not look at the hand Sanemi had kissed and whenever you did, your face would flush a dark red and you often tripped or became clumsy because of that memory.

Before you went to bed however, you wondered how you would treat Sanemi because of that, would you acknowledge it or pretend nothing ever happened?

Ah well, you suppose you could think of that tomorrow since your eyelids were practically begging you to go to sleep.

Once morning came, you got ready for school and wondered if Sanemi would come by since he always, without fail, accompanied you to school. Sadly Genya attended a different school from you two so he doesn't go there. And the one time you hoped Genya could save you, it appears he couldn't.

There was a knock on your front door and you didn't even need to check through the little peephole to find out who it was.

It was the man who was currently giving you anxiety, Shinazugawa Sanemi himself.

"Morning," you greeted as he nodded to acknowledge that he heard you and you two were set off for school.

"How have you been recently?"

"Fine."

You wanted to go home and make a little blanket fort to cry in. The air around you bothered you so you wanted to fix but you brought up the wrong conversation opener and made things even more awkward.

Before you knew it, you arrived at the school gate.

You and Sanemi had different morning periods so this is where you two would part with a goodbye but you seemed to be having difficulty in sending him off.

"Well, I'll see you later," you said. "Are we still up for practice later?"

There it was. You hoped he would yes, after all, you didn't want to half-ass the homemade confession sweets you would give-or eat depending on how it goes.

"Don't be an idiot." He rolled his eyes, this annoyed you greatly but you kept it in. "I've seen what you made, do you want him to run away?"

"I'll see you later then." You smiled, wanting very much to punch.

"See ya."

And just like that, it seemed you chose to pretend like it never happened.

•••

"Fucking shit," Sanemi cursed the moment he got home and his head was met with the couch in their living room.

"Something wrong Aniki?" Genya, who came out when he heard the door open, asked as he looked at his brother.

"Absolutely nothing," Sanemi answered as he got up and headed to his room. He forgot Genya was here and would rather not Genya pester him with questions right now.

Did he cross a line? He thought of what he did and he definitely crossed a line.

"Dammit."

What was he even thinking? Even if you asked him that he'd also like to know what he was thinking when he did what he did.

Why did he even do that when you clearly were confessing to someone else? To fuck with you? To get back at everything you've done? He wasn't sure anymore, he was just feeling more annoyed than usual with you earlier.

He just decided not to think about it too deeply and go to sleep since if he did think about it, he might not be able to sleep.

When the sun rose, he prepared for school and was debating on whether or not he should head to your place since you two always went to school together. Sanemi thought of going alone but he thought against it since you might still be waiting for him. He thought about inviting Genya along (even though he knew his brother went to a different school) but he would just be suspicious and the last thing both of you needed was an interrogation from Genya.

Sanemi decided he would just wait and see if you'd acknowledge it or not and act depending on your choice, so he made his way to your house and knocked on it. You came out soon and the two of you headed to school. The atmosphere was stuffy, even for him but he couldn't trust himself to not make the situation worse.

"How have you been recently?"

"Fine.

He wanted to beat himself up for giving such a quick, empty, and monotone response. He knew he couldn't trust himself to not make the situation worse but he at least could have given a different answer and keep the conversation going.

Before he knew it, you both arrived at the school gate.

You and Sanemi had different morning periods so this is where you two would part with a goodbye or where he would call you an idiot and leave. But he seems to be having trouble doing either of those right now.

"Well, I'll see you later," she said. "Are we still up for practice later?"

There it was, so this what you planned on doing. To pretend like the whole thing never happened, and he supposed, he would just do the same since its easier than trying to come up with an explanation for his actions.

"Don't be an idiot." He rolled his eyes. "I've seen what you made, do you want him to run away?"

"I'll see you later then." You smiled, wanting very much to punch him and he knew that.

"See ya."

And just like that, it seemed Sanemi chose to pretend like it never happened.

+++

+++