✔XLI - The Terrifying man who does Good Deeds

Start from the beginning

Seraphina looked at him questioningly. Demian was impressed? But the encounter with him a while ago said different story. It could never be possible that he was impressed...

Seraphina's cheeks flashed red as her stomach flipped and Valentine could smell nervousness surrounded her.

"But, Seraphina, you have to be careful next time." He said with a serious tone as Seraphina nodded.

"I'm afraid regarding Prince Demian's next journey as he will going with Lord Casian." The advisor placed his hands on his chin while Seraphina asked, "What journey?"

"Well, Prince Demian and Lord Casian will be going off to Lord Heartstone's territory tomorrow," Valentine said as Seraphina's head snapped at him. Demian hadn't said anything about it.

"What? Casian would accompany us?" Seraphina could feel a chill on her spine.

"I'm afraid, you are not going this time."

"Why not?" Seraphina's brows knitted together, "I thought I was supposed to guard Demian in secret."

"Well, I would very much likely that you went along however, it was Prince Demian's decision."

A gap formed on her lips.

"But why?"

The old advisor said, "He said something like, you always call out trouble and end up getting injured. And in the end, My Prince has to look after you." Master Valentine huffed a sigh, "My poor Prince."

Seraphina's shook in her place. That little Devil! Now everything connected. He was doing that on purpose! So she would not go with him. Her palms fisted at her sides and she growled, "Then I shall just go with him for making these ridiculous comments."

"Oh no, Seraphina," the advisor shook his head, "I can't allow that when His Highness has already ordered me to make sure, you don't go to the royal ship whose name is The Royal Maiden that will leave tomorrow morning at 6:00."

Seraphina gritted her teeth, "Tell him to shove his orders where sun doesn't shine!" Her nose flared and she spun on her heels.

Master Valentine saw the young lady going to her room as a dark aura coated her, screaming how angry she was.

The corners of his lips twitched as a voice said from his behind, "Sometimes I don't get it, if you're a good man or a terrifying man."

Master Valentine tilted his head toward the said man who had his moustache blossoming above his lips covering the smile he casted and said, "I am a terrifying man who does good deeds."

He started to walk toward his study room as he called out, "Let's go Alonzo, we have got a lot of work to do."

*****

Casian entered Zenith's chamber as she had been waiting for him but could not contact him due to the conference. Because nobles would come, the guards had been placed everywhere for better protection. Her eyes glinted as Casian had a knowing smile on his face which said he had got something up his sleeves.

"Casian!" Zenith smiled and pointed him to take a seat.

As soon as her brother sat Zenith exclaimed, "Oh, Casian. You don't know what I've got in my hands."

Casian shrugged as he said, "Well, not the thing that I've got, I suppose."

Zenith looked at him with a questioning gaze, "Did you find out about her as well?" As a smile grew on her face.

Casian asked, "What do you think, dear sister? That your brother isn't capable of extracting information?" And he brought out a scroll from his back pocket and swung it in the air.