Double Life (Wilbur)

Start from the beginning

When the bell did finally ring she looked up at her students with a strained smile.

"Welcome students. I hope you had a lively lunch. As I'm sure many of you know already, you all have the history finals today, so put away all the stuff on your desk and take out a pencil." The teacher welcomes.

She reaches for a thin stack of papers on her desk. "You may start once you have the test out in front of you."

She walks around the classroom handing out the dreaded test. When she placed the white parchment onto Wilbur's desk he began at once.

Writing his name on the margin he looks at the first question:

1. Human society changed significantly from the Paleolithic Period to after the Neolithic Revolution.

a. Define the Neolithic Revolution.
b. Identify and explain three examples how human societies changed.

'Shit.'
____________________________

Wilbur anxious razed his hand, finally finishing the test. The teacher went around and collected his test before going to a different kid who also had his hand raised.

The room was dead silent. The only sounds being the ac unit that barally worked properly.

Wilbur shakily got up to use the toilet, signing out at the front door before heading to the toilets.

As he locks himself into one of the small stalls he tries to calm himself.

Just as his nerves calm down the bathroom door slams open and someone rushes inside.

They hurriedly lock them self into a stall just as the bathroom door busts open for a second time, this one more angry.

A pair of footsteps stomp the tiles as whoever walks in checks each of the open stalls.

On instinct Wilbur pulls his feet up to his chest, fearing what would happen if he is found by the enraged pair.

The pair walk to Wilbur's stall door, trying to open it. One of them bangs on the stall door, making Wilbur squeak.

Upon hearing Wilbur, the duo left him alone. Going to the next stall, this one occupied by the victim.

The duo fiddle with the latch before ruthlessly bang on the door.

"I know you're in their, don't force me to get you out." One of them said.

The stall was dead silent. Whoever inside staying as dead as an ant on the pavement.

The bullies where silent for a moment, then backed away from the door seemingly giving up.

That was, until one of them slammed their shoulder onto the door, loosening the lock enough to allow the bullies to swing open the door.

And swing they did, the stall banged unintentionally to Wilbur's side.

"You think you're smart huh? Hiding away in this bathroom stall." One of the boys growled.

The other stood closely behind the other, their yeezies could be seen from underneath the stall.

Painful bashes could be hurd from the stall, Wilbur was completely done with their bull crap, but being to scared he stayed out.

When they finally had enough and left the poor boy alone, Wilbur sprung from the stall to the one next to his.

A boy, oddly familiar, lay on the bathroom floor. Still very alive but bruised all over.

Wilbur crouched down to the boys level. "Hey, can you stand?"

The boy didn't respond at first, but after a second or two he nodded.

With the help of Wilbur he stood on his two feet, nearly falling over.

Wilbur ended up carrying him to the nurses office where he dropped the boy off and headed back to class.

School went by in a flash. Finals where completed and stress was gone, mostly.

Now it was time for Wilbur to go home, dreadful.

He lives with one person, his father Philza.

Philza wasn't the worst parent, he tended to Wilbur's needs and wants, gave him the attention he wanted through his childhood and helped him throughout his teen years.

But no parent was perfect, every child has a messed up parent. Philza was no different.

No matter how nice and caring he was. No matter how understanding and fun he was, he will always fall flat.

When his mother died, Kristian, his father tried to be the best father he could be. He tried, well, to be a happy father.

But Wilbur knew the reality of the situation. He saw what Philza thought he didn't, the mourning.

And maybe it was because Philza tried pretending everything was alright was the reason Wilbur slowly stopped talking to him.

As Wilbur slowly made his way home he remembered a time with his mother. His father was so much happier then. His smiles where not forced and his eyes sparkled with life.

Wilbur finally made it home. He tossed his book bag onto the kitchen floor as he made his way up to his room.

He chose not to hear his father's greeting. Nor did he notice the saddened look on his face as he looked back at the stove.

The house was dead until dinner. Philza called him down and they ate in relative silence.

"I got a promotion at work today. I'll be able to afford the house for a couple more years." Philza muttered with the faintest amount of excitement.

Money, another problem the two faced. Since his mother's death Philza worked overtime to pay for the bills.

They where behind on taxes, Wilbur knew. "That's nice."

"It just means I will have to work more, later." Philza continues.

Today, Tuesday, was the only day Wilbur got to see Philza as soon as he got home from work.

Not like he took advantage of that time, however.

Wilbur finished his diner a few minutes later, putting his dishes away.

Wilbur sighed as he lays on his bed doing nothing at all.

No one act school knew about their financial misfortune, not even that his mother died.

In their eyes, his family was as happy as ever.
No one realized how wrong they where.

____________________________
I just wanted to say thank you for reading this book. Y'all bring a smile to my face every time I see one of you show the slightest bit of excitement for a new chapter. :)
1495