Chapter 8: Small Talks

Start from the beginning

For a split second, Avy saw her best friend on the Maid, she was someone without people she can call friends either in her past life. And only the certain girl named Lucille extended her hand for her to grab and never let her go despite how unlikable her personality was. Of course, there were a few who tried to be friends with her, but they all got tired after some time and left. It's not as if she needs them though, she was never attached to any of them, after all, Lucy was there.

'But not anymore.'

She averted her gaze, keeping herself from thinking deeply about trivial things as such. She doesn't want to add more to the pile of things going inside her mind that moment, she still hasn't adjusted after only a few days after she watched herself die.

"Do what you want."

~~~

Ciel Arkwright woke up early like he used to, he was all dressed neatly and had already taken a bath hence he went straight to the dining hall expecting his sister to be eating breakfast but he was greeted by all the empty seats and servants cleaning the surroundings.

"Has my sister not woken up yet?" she asked the maid nearby.

"Good Morning Young Master. The Lady stepped out of her room long ago." the Maid answered.

"Where is she?"

"As far as I know, the Lady went to the Garden with her maid."

Ciel just nodded her head and the Maid went back to her work, it was unusual for Avy to go out so early in the morning, did she perhaps, hear about the Prince escorting another Princess?

"It can't be." he mumbled under his breath.

"What is?" he didn't even need to turn around to know who was the source of the voice. It was no other than the Prince who also just woke up, standing behind him holding an apple.

"It has nothing to do with you, Your Highness."

"If you're talking about Lady Avana, I saw her walking to the garden. In her nightwear. Barefooted." Ciel's brows knitted together before he quickly walked towards the direction of the garden. The Prince who has nothing else to do followed him.

"What's with you?" Prince Light asked but Ciel didn't bother to respond and just continued to walk, Avy's acting too strange that he's not sure what's going on inside her head. She was usually hard to predict, but she became way more unpredictable.

They arrived at the garden and the small table could be seen from afar, with a lady sitting on a chair and another woman standing behind her. It was his sister, she was indeed still wearing pajamas without anything on her feet, the side of her face was resting on the back of her hand, her elbow on top of the glass table, quietly staring into space with a bored expression on her pretty face.

'She doesn't look like she's upset though...' Ciel thought when he saw the face that looked like she was not even thinking of anything.

He and the prince walked towards her, the Maid, Mariel seemed to notice their presence and was quick to inform her lady about their arrival who just glanced sideways and blew air indicating that she was not interested. Only Mariel paid attention and bowed her head to acknowledge them when they finally came.

"Good Morning, Sister." Ciel greeted with a smile before sitting on the chair across Avy, Light, who still didn't know what was going on just copied his gesture and sat next to him.

"You kids wake up earlier than expected." she said. "Now, why are you here?" she added.

"I... wanted to greet you good morning..." Ciel trailed off in embarrassment since Avy was staring at him dead in the eye without taking her attention away from him. Good thing she quickly shifted her gaze to the second Prince who was sitting beside him.