Ten

Chapter Ten: Who Made The Rules

Win Metawin was still stuck in a state of disbelief after three days of being stuck at Hiraeth. He sat on one of the barrels stacked together beside the barn and kicked some dirt around with his foot. He had no way of contacting Mew to ask for help. He had no idea how to fix the watch.

Now he regretted not paying attention whenever Mew would start talking about the technicalities of the machines they were using for time traveling.

"Win," he heard Bright call out to him.

Win slowly lifted his gaze up from the dirt and it slowly glided up the sweaty, sparkling naked chest of Bright until it reached Bright's face. "W-what?" He managed to say. Bright looked even more toned under the hot sun.

"You alright?" Bright asked with a raised brow. With a sigh, he sat on one of the barrels near Win. "You'll be okay. We'll figure it out."

"P'Mew's probably panicking." Win concluded. He could just imagine his cousin pacing around the basement, then ransacking the library, and then smoking a shit ton of cigarettes to keep the stress levels down. "I want to go home but at the same time, I'm scared to."

"P'Mew's not going to hurt you. We'll go to the library again and get your watch working this afternoon. Maybe we can go see the local professor here. He lives in the outskirts of the city. He might know something. He arrived here a year or so ago."

Win glanced at him. "I appreciate it, Bright. I really do, but this is tech from a different world. You're world hasn't even heard of time traveling and you don't even have cars."

"We have flying ships."

"Doesn't count."

"You don't have flying ships." Bright countered, a little annoyed at how Win was making his world sound outdated. They had advanced technology here at Hiraeth. Maybe not as advanced as Win's world or how Win would want it to be, but life here wasn't bad. Nothing's wrong with horse carriages. They travel fast using the flying ships and they have trains too.

Win stood up. "I'm going to take a bath." He announced before walking away. He didn't want to argue with Bright. If only Bright's world wasn't... like how it was... then maybe, he would be able to come home.

Win listened to the echoes of his footsteps as he entered the house. For a big home, it had little people living in it or maybe they were in some other part of the house. Bright did say that his home had a lot of occupants.

"Ah!" Win gasped when someone bumped into him.

"Ah!" The woman shrieked as she tried to regain her balance.

Win quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him so she won't fall to the floor. "Baifern!" He called.

Baifern was pressed against his chest when five women entered the room. Dune was right behind them.

"Metawin!" Bright called from behind Win which cause Baifern and Win to move away from each other. "Did you forget? You mustn't hold hands."

Win glanced at the five women who looked scandalized. "You must marry her at once!" The one in the bright blue dress stated. She pointed her fan at Win and Baifern as she spoke, "You took advantage of a young woman!"