Keaya looked at Jeans inspecting eyes. He noticed the motherly look in her eyes. The look a mother looks when they see their children sad. She wouldn't have that look of an enemy.

I don't think Jean knows, Kaeya thinks. I guess I'll stay with her awhile. As long as Jean doesn't know, I will be fine. I can be happy.

"I'll get Amber to buy something fitting for Keaya," Jean finishes. Young Keaya smiles at the Acting Grand Master. The look tells Jean that she is doing the right thing.

Opening the door she calls out, "Amber, can you please come here for a second?"

"Yes? Are you ready?" Amber asks, getting to the door.

"No, I was wondering if you could go buy Keaya some clothes. He's going to continue tripping over his normal attire if he keeps on wearing it."

"Oh course, anything for Kaeya," Amber runs out of the headquarters.

Jean smiles. So many people care about you Keaya, Jean thinks.

Jean turns around to see Barbara trying to heal Keaya. He is insistent that he doesn't need it, but Barbara says he does. She eventually gets the boy done and heals him.

Yet you haven't grown an inch, Jean thinks to herself.

"Why didn't you want to get healed?" Barbara asks.

Young Keaya looks at the ground. Silence is his answer.

Jean pulls her sister to the side by the map and showers that hang in the walls leaving Keaya to explore with his eyes Jean's office. "Barbara, it's probably best if we leave him alone for a bit. Every time I asked Keaya about his past, he just dodged the question. Maybe something bad happened."

"But shouldn't we help him if that's the case?" Barbara counters.

"Let's just wait. If he doesn't want to tell us now, maybe he will later."

"Okay..."

Jean pats her little sister on the shoulder. "Just wait."

Keaya examines the things on the raised floor. He looks at the grand clock that sits in between two huge bookshelves. It's mostly filled with books, but scattered between the pockets of knowledge lay picture frames. He stares at one in particular.

It's Jean and him as an adult, but there is a third person. He looks very familiar, which is strange since young Keaya doesn't know any of these people.

"Who is it?" He whispers to himself.
The door slams open which startles everyone in the room.

"Oh Barbatos, you scared me Amber!" Barbara says, her hand holding her rapid beating heart as her chest rises and falls with deep breaths.

"Amber, please refrain from slamming the door," Jean says, as the pyro girl walks to her.

"Sorry, won't happen again. Promise," Amber says, crossing her fingers. The other hand is holding a metal hanger. "I got something a little fancy for Keaya. Lisa suggested it, she came with me."

As if on cue the purple librarian struts in. "Hello cutie," she says with her fingers moving up and down as a little wave.

Keaya doesn't move. His eyebrows raise up a little and he just looks at the woman. She is holding black boots in her other hand.

She seems motherly; a little too motherly for his taste. Like she knew something, and was just playing innocent, unlike Amber who was a touch daft and was purely innocent.

Amber gives Jean the outfit and Lisa gives Jean the boots. As she removes the outfit from the hanger, Jean calls for the boy. "Come here Keaya." He does what he is told and walks towards her. Jean gives the clothing to Barbara who folds it neatly for the kid to hold. "Take this." Barbara holds out the outfit and Keaya takes the clothing. Jean places the new boots on the short pile. She gently pushes Keaya to the door.

"Go to that door over there, you see it?" Jean points to the door right next to them. Young Keaya nods. "It's empty. Just go change and don't worry about giving us what you are currently...wearing." Kaeya nods again as set off to the short walk to the next door.

Reaching the door he realizes that his hands are full. Keaya looks at the knight outside the door, silently asking for entrance. It takes a few moments before he realizes what the child is trying to convey and opens the door for him.

Before he enters he hears one of the women say, "Wait, isn't Klee still in there?"

— - 0 - —

Hey, readers or should I call you something else like Flower petals or Spring showers? I don't know. If you have a better idea, comment it. I would love your feedback!