Chapter 1

Kelly Garcia is a 5 year old who attends Justice Elementary School. She has 11 friends: Susan, Mckenna, Jessie, Raina, Alyson, Lizzy, Jamie, Dakota, Jimmy, Emily, and Joshua. Kelly usually hangs out with Jamie, because she was her very first friend. They had their own photo albums with the same pictures. Kelly invited all her friends to her 5th birthday party. Her birthday is on December 23rd, and she was born in 2009. Kelly played all kinds of board games with her friends at her house during birthday parties and playdates. Kelly and her friends LOVED each other. "I never want to leave this school!", they would scream happily all together. "We'll always be friends," says Raina, "I just know it!" "Yea," Joshua agrees, "how could we split apart?" "Exactly!", Susan giggles, "we WON'T split apart!" Everyone giggles with excitement, but they soon WON'T be when they find out what Kelly is to do.

        One morning, on January 4th, Kelly came down the stairs, wearing her favorite purple dress, which said 'Saturday' in cursive. She always wore it on Saturday. "Hi Mommy!" she said, smiling and showing off her purple braces. "Hi, honey!", Her mother said, grinning right back at her, "Guess what? We're moving to The Silver State!" Kelly's eyes widened to the size of saucers. "REALLY?! WE'RE GOING TO A STATE THAT IS SILVER!? THAT'S SO COOL!!" Kelly's Mom giggled hysterically. Kelly's smile immediately vanished. She sat there, in the kitchen, totally confused. "Huh? What's so funny?" She asked curiously, tilting her head. When her Mother finally calmed down, she said, "It's not REALLY silver, honey. Nevada is just called The Silver State. We're moving to Las Vegas!" Kelly thinks a bit, then gasps. "BUT HOW WILL I ATTEND SCHOOL, MOMMY!?" Mother smiled. "You'll attend Jocelyn Elementary School. There'll be new classrooms, new teachers, and NEW PEOPLE." New People. New People. New People. New People. Those two words echoed in Kelly's mind. "NOOO!" She screeched at the top of her lungs. "WHAT ABOUT SUSAN AND MCKENNA AND JESSIE AND RAINA AND ALYSON AND LIZZY AND DAKOTA AND JIMMY AND EMILY AND JOSHUA AND... WAIT... WHAT ABOUT JAMIE!?!?!??!?" Kelly wailed and sobbed as she began to lose more of her temper.  "Honey, you once went to a school you didn't know. You once met people  you didn't know. And you once met teachers you didn't know. It's time to start over again!" But Kelly didn't want to start over again, She resumed crying, ignoring every word her Mother said. Her mother sighed, kneeled down to  her, and said very calmly, "Dear, you will meet new friends. Don't worry. You'll like your teachers, your friends, your lunch, your classes, and you'll LOVE the strip." Kelly wiped away her tears. "S-strip?" she whined, "W-w-what's.. t-the strip?" "It's a GLORIOUS part of the city, with many hotels, casinos, buffets and more. It has tons of tall buildings, and I'm sure you'll like the weather, dear. It's always warm and sunny there, and we've already picked out a house, which has a pool in the backyard!" Because Kelly is only a little girl, she immediately gets SUPER excited about a pool and nice weather, even when she won't see her friends for awhile. "OMIGOSH A POOL A POOL! I LOVE POOLS! MOMMY MOMMY, A POOL A POOL!" Kelly squealed for what seemed like forever until finally her Mom stopped her. "You are happy now, right?" That's when all the horrible thoughts about attending a new school and not seeing her friends and teachers sloshed through her mind like a tidal wave. Immediately, she muttered, "yea..." and stomped up to her room.