𝓲'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾 : 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

Author's POV

It took Aya a few hours to finally finish baking the pie. She thanked Namjoon for his help, so she made him a cup of coffee and a nice warm cinnamon roll, that she baked yesterday.

"Thank you, Aya." Namjoon said after she served the coffee to him.

"You're welcome, love." She smiled, but then remembered that she haven't told him about her trip later. "Uhm, love.... By the way, I'm afraid to say that I might not join you for dinner later. I wasn't aware that you'd take a leave today, and I have somewhere else to be." She slowly informed, afraid that it might anger him.

"Oh...." He mumbled, "That must be important, huh?" He asked, deeply hoping for her not to leave, but seeing her nod timidly made him frown a little.

"You see, that pie that I baked was for my bestfriend. The one whom I mentioned to you, she's three months pregnant. It's been a while since I last visited her and tonight, she and her husband invited me to celebrate her pregnancy. You usually come home late, so I accepted the invite and decided to go there to spend dinner with them." She explained as she rub her arm from nervousness.

"I understand," Namjoon sighed, making her face him.

"Does that mean, I'm allowed to leave?" She asked, wanting assurance.

"She's your bestfriend and you said that it has been a while since you saw each other. You shopped gifts and even baked a pie for her, I wouldn't want to put your efforts into waste." He uttered, bringing a smile on Aya's face. "But in one condition," He suddenly added.

"C-Condition?" She repeated, worried of what he may ask.

"I'll come with you later, if that's okay with you." He then secretly crossed his fingers in hopes to receive a yes from her.

"Are you serious?" She queried and he nodded, so she exhaled deeply. "Okay, you can come with me. It'll just be us, my bestfriend, and her husband. While you eat, I'll go upstairs to prepare our clothes and to take a bath as well. Enjoy your snacks, love." She then bent down and leaned forward to kiss his cheek.

When she finally left, Namjoon exhaled sharply as he try to recall how soft her lips are against his cheek. It's so hard for him to keep his hands from pulling her into a kiss. And the more Aya unconsciously provokes his desire, the more he wants to have her all by himself. Maybe he just have to wait patiently, the mood will eventually come.

The trip to her bestfriend's house took them an hour to arrive at their destination. They only wore simple and casual clothes, not much of an extravagant. And now that they're outside the house, Namjoon helped Aya to go out of the car and insisted to carry the pie and gifts for her instead. She just agreed and walked over the door to ring the bell. After two rings, she could hear loud footsteps getting near them and a minute later, the door opened as they were greeted by a male with his grin.

"Aya!" He beamed and pulled her into a friendly hug, which she happily reciprocated. "You're finally here! Jihyeon has been waiting for you, come inside." He invited, until he saw a guy behind Aya. "Oh, you brought someone with you?" He asked curiously.

That's when Namjoon stepped forward to introduce himself. Aya glanced at him and almost face-palmed herself to see Namjoon's strict face.

"I hope you don't mind that I came with my wife." He spoke, "I'm Kim Namjoon." He introduced, offering a handshake.

"Of course, it's okay." Jimin smiled and accepted the handshake. "Come inside, the food is almost ready." Then the three went inside with Jimin.