Chapter 4

Jennie watches Taehyung's gaze wander around aimlessly, trying so hard to avoid making contact with hers. Luckily, the same day as their confrontation, Jungkook had invited her to hang out with them after school.

"He hasn't apologized yet?" He says worriedly, as if he took precautions to make sure that Taehyung would somehow beg for Jennie's forgiveness.

Jennie looks at the ground, shaking her head. "He came looking for me, but it was only to throw more accusations that I have some malicious intention with you." She was a good actress, voice small and timid, like it could break any second.

If it was some sort of skill that she had along with her manipulation tricks, or if it's a natural given talent, it didn't matter. As long as it was benefeciary, as long as it can get her what she wants, it's all that matters.

"Don't mind him," It was pitiful seeing the stressed look on Jungkook's face as he tried to comfort her. "I'll make sure he apologizes to you, let's eat out with them after classes." But the satisfaction she gets outweighs her empathy.

It's what got them stuck in this awkward position between Lisa and Jungkook, the Thai's puzzled eyes going back and forth, unaware of the situation they were in.

Lisa chuckles awkwardly, "Um, so. How about we go to this new barbecue house down the road?"

No one said a word but as soon as the sound of scattered steps were heard, they pretty much just went along with wherever Lisa was taking them. Jennie skips to Jungkook's side who was walking upfront and lazily interlaces her arm with his, turning her face to the side to peek at Lisa's reaction.

The younger one makes eye contact with Jennie to which she immediately avoids, like heat that stings upon the touch. There was also another figure who glares at her, and yet Jennie giddily smiles, pride swelling on her chest.

This is so much fun. She thinks to herself.

As soon as they arrived at the barbecue shop, Jennie rushes to Jungkook's side as the younger pulls a chair for her to sit on. Wearing a small smile on her face, she watches Lisa squirm uncomfortably on the opposite side of the table.

Maybe she was a bigger monster than she had originally thought, or maybe Kim Taehyung made her this way. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing him at the edge of his sit the entire time, his worried glances towards Lisa's direction, yet unable to do something to soothe her.

Because what can he possibly do? He's not Jungkook. And Lisa will only be contented when Jungkook reciprocates her feelings.

She rests her head on her palm, eyeing Taehyung who sat next to Lisa. This is why it's better for us to be in the same boat, yet you keep on insisting to be the saint. Now I have no choice but to purposely make Lisa jealous to irk you. Jennie puffs her cheek, the older male still ignoring her presence.

With her plan to poke a little fun at the love triangle going awry, Jennie has no choice but to do whatever it takes to get Taehyung on her side. She didn't want to be involved with all three of them, really. Infact, she was just curious enough to see what would become of Lisa's feelings for Jungkook when Jennie comes into the picture. There was just a miscalculation — Kim Taehyung who just can't seem to be fooled by her.

Although half-heartedly, she does admit that she shouldn't have shown Taehyung what was beneath the surface. She shouldn't have lost her cool and let him see through her, though fully clothed, being around Taehyung makes her feel like she's stripped off of every cover.

Well, there's a first for everything.

To keep her perfect and gentle act, she needs him on her side. As long as she has something over him. As long as he stays fearful of the thought of Lisa knowing about his feelings for her, Jennie can constantly pressure him.