ii

"I like you!" I yelled, feeling like a heavy weight had just been lifted off my shoulders.

Bakugou stared at me for a couple of seconds before laughing. It threw me off and made my stomach churn.

"Oi you dumbass" Bakugou began, his eyes never breaking contact as he bent down to my eye level. "I already knew you liked me. Did you think I wouldn't find out about you leaving me those snacks?"

"I mean.. yes? I always came to school a little earlier just to leave them, so I never would have thought that you would figure it out.."

"Tch. Are you saying I'm dumb?!"

"No! Not at all it's just- I don't know, never mind.." I mumbled and looked down at the ground. There wasn't much grass on this school's property; most of the ground was made of dried loose dirt. On the windiest days the dirt would fly through the air and if you were fortunate, the dirt wouldn't land in your eyes but stick onto your skin and enter your lungs, making you cough until your throat itch. That's what you could expect from a school in the 'poor' part of the Shizuoka prefecture.

Bakugou glared at me and held my chin up to look at him.

"Listen here shitty extra. I don't know what you were trying to achieve thinking you can spout some nonsense like this, but I don't need you holding me back from becoming number one"

"What? What makes you think I'd hold you back? Katsu-chan, we've been friends since we were infants. I've always been supportive of you.. Izuku and I-"

"You and shitty Deku are nothing but pebbles on the side. If I were to waste my time on someone as useless as you, I would never surpass All Might" He said and let go of my chin. He straightened his posture, returning to his full height. This position that we were in made me feel small, weak, and uncomfortable. Especially now with the change of mood.

"I don't fucking like you. You're annoying and bothersome. You're baggage and I'll be damned if I waste my time on shitty baggage" Bakugou continued. I'll be honest, his words stung like a bitch.

Is this what my classmate was going to tell me? I mean she couldn't have known because she wasn't close to Bakugou at all.. but maybe she overheard?

My mind was racing faster than my heart could keep up. Every time I breathed, it felt like dirt was filling my lungs instead of air. My throat itched, my eyes burned, and my skin felt disgusting. Like this grainy substance was glued onto my body. I hated every minute of it. The humiliation and my desperation.

"Oh c-come on Katsu-chan.. you don't mean that" I pleaded. "I- I'm not baggage. When we were younger you said that.. that we-"

"Don't start with that crap" Bakugou rolled his eyes. "Brats say dumb shit that they don't mean all the time. You pathetically holding onto the past is embarrassing"

"But.. did it really mean nothing to you? You- You promised me Katsu-chan!" I could feel the tears pouring out from my eyes and I was able to taste the saltiness that came with them as they rolled down my cheeks.

"Like I already said damn extra, you're pathetic for staying in the past. I'm leaving now regardless if you have more shit to say or not" He spoke blandly and began to walk away.

I stared at his back through those tears eyes. He moved further and further away, leaving me behind with nothing but my hazy mind and mixed up emotions. In attempts to regain my pride that I had lost in a matter of 3 minutes, I managed to shout one last thing.