𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

Beginne am Anfang

Lizzie opens up, and a tall, handsome, muscular man walks in. I recognize him, that's Captain America! I haven't met him yet, but I definitely watched all of the Marvel movies so I know who he is.

"Chris, meet Amelia. Amelia, meet Chris!" Lizzie says while the both of them walk up to me and Sebastian. Chris and I shake hands, looking right into each other's eyes. "It's nice to finally meet you, Amelia" he says, making me smile. "Likewise!" I reply, and our hands let go of each other.

"Guys, come here!" Lizzie cheers, so we all gather around. "Sebastian and I were thinking, now that we're all having some time off, why don't we go on a trip together? Like, a while in Spain? Or Italy? I mean, we're all having no work until we start filming Endgame in six months, and Amelia is also off for six months" she asks.

"Yes! Let's do that!" Robert cheers, while the rest does the same thing. "I don't think I can..." I reply, making everyone quiet. "Why not?" Sebastian asks. "What if they need me at my work? I can't just leave, can I?" I silently reply. I really want to go, but I don't want to leave Richard alone here.

"Am, you're having time off. That means that you're not working for the next six months, so why can't you come?" Robert asks while he looks at me. "Because I don't want to leave Richard alone" I add, making him softly smile. "I understand, but I think you should ask him. He wants the best for you, you know that" Robert adds. I nod, and smile a little.

"Why don't we go there now? I'll come with you, we can book a trip when we're back!" Sebastian suggests. "Fine, but don't come for me if he says no" I say, and I grab my purse again. Everyone laughs, and Sebastian and I get to the hospital.

We walk in, and see like a hundred people sitting in the waiting room. "Seriously?" I silently say. We get to the elevator, and walk over to Richard's office. "He's not here" I say, until I hear a pager. I look at his desk, and notice mine being paged. "Do you mind...?" I ask, looking at Sebastian. "Go ahead, I'll come with you" he says with a smile. I thank him, grab my pager and get downstairs with my labcoat on.

When we get out of the elevator, I see Derek walking towards the ER. "Derek, you paged me?" I ask. "Am! Yeah, I have a few dislocated fingers and shoulders for you while I go into surgery" he says, and he gives me a kiss. "Hey Sebastian! How are you?" Derek adds, shaking Sebastian's hand. "I'm good, how are you?" Sebastian asks in reply with a smile. "Great! Me too, it's nice to see you again Deb! I have to go now, I'll see you in the morning" Derek adds, and he gives me another kiss before he walks away.

 "Great! Me too, it's nice to see you again Deb! I have to go now, I'll see you in the morning" Derek adds, and he gives me another kiss before he walks away

"Tomorrow, hm?" Sebastian asks while we keep walking. "I haven't told him yet" I reply. "What are you doing here Amelia?! I said you're taking time off for God's sake! Hi Seb" Richard angrily says. "I was here to ask you something, but I saw my pager so-" I explain, but he interrupts me.

"No, you're not helping. You're having time off, so it's fine to step by but you're not helping, okay?" he adds. I slowly nod, and take off my labcoat again. "What did you want to ask me?" Richard asks with a little smile. "Well, Lizzie had the idea of going on a trip for a while... Do you mind if I join them...?" I nervously ask. "Ofcourse! You're joining them, because you have time off. Now go!" he giggles. "Fine" I giggle in reply, and I give him a hug.

Sebastian and I get back after seeing Callie for a second, and arrive at Lizzie's house again. We get inside, where everyone is waiting for us. "And?" Lizzie immediately asks. "It's okay, let's book that trip" I say with a smile, and they all start cheering.

"She didn't tell Derek about her time off yet, he thinks she's coming ba k tomorrow morning" Sebastian says before he takes a sip of his drink. "Why haven't you told McDreamy?" Lizzie asks. "I didn't get the chance, but I'll call him later" I reply. "Who's McDreamy? That's a weird name" Chris exclaims. "It's a joke, because he's dreamy. You get it? McDreamy?" Lizzie explains. "There's also a McSteamy" Sebastian giggles, making me softly laugh as well. "Oh God, what kind of work do you do?" Chris laughs.

"I'm an orthopedic- and neurosurgeon" I reply, and he stops laughing. "That's... Wow" he adds, which makes everyone laugh. "Impressive hm? She's a great doctor" Sebastian adds. "Oh well, all the women in my family were doctors" I giggle. "Is your mom a doctor too?" Chris asks. Everyone gets quiet and stops laughing while they look at Chris. "What...?" he nervously asks, so I smile at him. "She was a doctor! I work in her hospital now" I explain. "Did I say something wrong?" he asks, still looking nervous. "Not at all, they're just looking at you like that because my mom passed away last year, but you didn't know!" I tell, making him look even more nervous.

"Oh my God... I- I'm so... I'm so s-sorry..." he immediately replies while he stands up and walks up to me. "I'm so sorry..." he adds. I softly smile at him and nod. "It's okay, don't worry! You didn't know" I say, and I see that it's comforting him.

 "It's okay, don't worry! You didn't know" I say, and I see that it's comforting him

"I really didn't mean to..." he adds while he looks at his feet. "I know that! It's okay sweetheart, you didn't know" I add, giving him a little smile again. He slowly nods, and we get back to talking about the trip. It's been five years since I left America, so it's exciting to finally do it again! Especially with friends like mine, although I'm going to miss working at the hospital. I still have to tell Derek about my time off, so I'll call him tomorrow. I miss them already, but this is fun as well.