happier ❥ twenty three !

H A P P I E R ❛ so i'll watch your life in pictures like i used to watch you sleep ❜ ( twenty three )

H A P P I E R
❛ so i'll watch your life in pictures like i used to watch you sleep ❜
( twenty three )

_

you just wanted the pain to go away.

that's what you kept telling yourself every night while getting ready for bed, and a mop of brown curls would make its way inside your head. i just want the pain to go away.

but you had brought it on yourself. you knew what you were getting yourself into when you got involved with a man who was clearly not over his previous girlfriend. you knew it was gonna last as little as it did.

nevertheless, you sometimes allowed yourself to believe that maybe it would last. timothée had a habit of falling asleep on top of you sometimes (with or without clothes), and those were the times where you allowed yourself to daydream.

maybe you were the one.

except, you weren't.

because he loved lily-rose. not you. her.

one day, he left your house and that was the last time he did. lily-rose wanted to try and make things work between them again. and you didn't want to be the asshole who was gonna prevent him from being happy.

"well, good luck. i hope it works out." was the last thing you said to him, wearing a smile that didn't belong to you.

he had smiled at you. kissed your forehead way too quickly. "me too." he had said.

and things must've worked out, because you didn't see him again...

... until...

you had your own job, of course, but every other weekend you were accustomed to play at a little joint. it wasn't that big of a deal but it worked out well whenever you were struggling and needed some extra money.

you had been quite mopey during the weeks that came after your brutal heartbreak, but it had been a pretty tough month altogether so you figured that every penny counted.

so, seven weekends later, you were setting your keyboard up for another gig.

you already knew what song you were gonna sing first. because it was the song that you had had on repeat during the previous weeks; you'd blast it in your room to silence your sniffles and you'd listen to it in the shower, in a mix of tears and water.