Renee 2.0

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on."

― Tupac Shakur

I rested my head on Ann's shoulder on the way to school. I couldn't help but think about Ky, I could already see him walking down the hall with Trina. I literally practiced different scenarios last night, no matter how much it hurt I was not going to show any emotion. Anyone who knows my history with Kyree would think I was numb to the pain by now. But today I wasn't going to numb it, I was going to embrace it and turn it into hatred.

"Good morning baby girl" the cafeteria lady said to me, as she served me breakfast.

"Morning" I replied with a slight smile.

I wasn't myself today, and I think many realized that. I was in a war state of mind, mentally preparing myself for what I was bound to see.

It was already 9th period and I had managed to not see the famous couple. I was ironically disappointed, I wanted to put my poker face to the test. I was walking towards the auditorium when I spotted Trina and Kyree holding each other. She had her hands around his neck and his hands were wrapped around her waist. She was looking up at him smiling and they both laughed. Inside I felt like a ticking time bomb wanting to explode, I wanted to punch him in the face and kick him where it hurt most. I wanted to grab her nappy extensions and rip them out one by one. But I held my composure and smiled with my head held high. I walked confidently into the auditorium acting as if I didn't have a huge knife in my heart and an even bigger knot in my throat.

The late bell rang and class had now begun. I could smell the scent of Ky's cologne, it was getting closer.

"Renee, why did you just leave like that yesterday?" he said in my ear as he sat behind me.

So many things ran through my mind as I could feel him sitting there waiting for a response. I wanted to yell at him and tell him what a fucking coward he was, how dare he even talk to me? Has he no type of shame? Was he heartless or just plain fucking stupid I thought.

I turned around and smiled "Sorry, something came up." I said and turned back around. I was not going to let Kyree see that I was hurt or bothered in any way. For some reason giving him a nice and simple response felt better than giving him any of the other ones I could have said. I felt strong for once.

"You know, about me and Trina... when you left I um. I didn't know what to think so... than when Trina called me and told me she was coming over, I... didn't want to know what to say" he said in my ear. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ! This kid must be joking, honestly the shit that comes out of his mouth sometimes. I just wanted to laugh in his face. But once again I maintained my cool I turned around to face him. "Ky, you don't owe me any explanations, it's cool I am happy for you. If you and Trina keep coming back together, their has to be a reason. So as a friend I wish the best." I smiled and looked him in the eyes. I didn't want him to think I was lying.

He looked puzzled and just stupid. "You don't have to act strong" he finally said.

I smiled "No ones acting, Ky, I'm over you. How many times do you think you can fuck me over? Come on lets be real. It was fun while it lasted. Let it go." I said and turned back around to face Mr. Hank. I know my words hurt him. And that last part was me just pushing the knife in deeper.

I'd be lying if I said this didn't feel great.

Now that I was finally closing my chapter with Ky, I was ready to begin writing a new one with Shay. I stayed up all last night thinking about my feelings for her. Maybe they were not as strong as she may want them to be, but feelings did exists and the only way to help them grow is by committing myself to her and only her.

But first came something I was avoiding. I had to tell Annabel about Shay. I refuse to keep Shay a secret like Ky has kept me for all these years.

The bell rang and I gathered my things and headed for the door.

"Renee wait!" Ky shouted.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Don't walk out of my life, please. Please..." he looked down not being able to look at me, as if embarrassed.

"Ky, do me a favor" I said holding his chin up so he could look at me. "Save the theatrics for class." I let loose of his chin and kissed him on the cheek.

Suddenly I wasn't feeling like Miss independent. I love Ky, a moment of empowerment wasn't going to change that fact, nothing was .... maybe someone though.

"Ann wait up!" I ran towards Annabel.

"Hey, whats up? What happened" she said startled.

"We have to talk, but promise me you won't judge me and that what I'm about to tell you will not change anything in our friendship" I looked at her, waiting for a response.

"Okay... I'm officially intrigued, what's up?" she said calmly.

Um, OK so I just acted on complete impulse, and I don't even know how to go about this! What if Ann thinks differently of me.. there goes our get away to Europe. Whatever Ann would love me no matter what, she no choice but too, she was stuck with me.

"Waiting...!" she said impatiently as we stepped on to the bus.

"You know my tutor Shay?" She shook her head "Okay well we are sort of talking, like I'm thinking about being in a relationship with her" I looked up, scared of rejection.

"Ok... so what's the problem?" she said confused.

"Shay.. my tutor.. ahh she's a girl .." now I was confused.

"Renee I'm your best friend, this comes of no surprise to me. Like at all." she smiled at me. "Bitch you're gay it's cool. I see how you look at other girls, I just wanted it to come from you." she pulled out her phone and began texting, as if NOTHING.

So I just came out to my best friend basically told her I was bisexual and she's texting. What the fuck ? For some reason I wanted this to be a bit more dramatic.

"You ruined my coming out moment" I said looking at her.

"Come out to your mom if you want a show" she said laughing.

Until me and Shay were really serious, that was NOT going to happen. My mother is open minded, but I didn't wanna put her to the test any time soon.

I walked into the house, and saw Shay sitting on the couch.

"Your home, finally" she said a bit dry.

"Hey, umm your early.. tutoring starts at 6" I said.

"Yeah I'm aware, but I have somewhere to be at that time, it is Friday after all." she gathered her things and walked towards my room.

I waved to my mother and followed behind Shay, what's her problem I thought. I walked into my room and closed the door behind me, she sat on my bed and looked at me.

"Do you mind if we work with the door open?" she said.

I walked towards her and stood in front of her. "Yes I do mind" I said. If the doors open I can't do this.." I said grabbing her face with both hands and kissing her. I stood her up and held her waist with one hand and caressed her hair with the other. I moved to her neck, and than she stopped me. Pushing back she said " Damn Renee."

"WHAT now you want me again?. Yesterday you kiss me than run out my house? And today you're all for it? I don't need this shit Renee." she looked at me with those killer eyes.

I thought about the many ways this day could end. They all depended on what I would say next.

"Listen, You and me, we start here, today, right now. Fuck yesterday and all the days before. After today you and me are all that matters, I had to get my mind straight before I started something new, now I'm focused on one thing and one thing only, you. And only you." I said grabbing her once more, I held her close to my body taking in her scent. This is where I wanted to be, this was the new chapter I needed to start.