Chapter twenty two; Lilith

Eugene doesn't talk, he raises his hands making light form into a circle in his steady hands

He releases the light into the ruined space, causing the stone floor to collapse revealing another ruined space but this time a wind portal is located in the middle of a ruined statue.

Without hesitation, Ethan jumps into the floor below and lands smoothly, perks of being a werewolf, since Aiko and I are humans although I'm not sure what I am anymore we throw a rope and climb down slowly into the floor below.

Eugene as expected doesn't face any problems jumping and landing gracefully, inspecting the new floor we came across.

Why does a cave have two floors?

After a few minutes of climbing down, I reach the stone flooring just as small debris of stone dig into my boots.

I scan the place swiftly, destroyed sculptures are spotted all over the place, some sculptures have their head cut off, some have no arm, some are barely damaged and some are untouched. Although Eugene blowing out the floor beneath them demolished them even more.

Four statues located at the very start of the room-to my right- have a small wind portal, identical to the one that took Alexander.

Ethan rushes in the direction of the portal, but the huge statues are blocking it.

"Wait-" exclaims Eugene, stopping an angry Ethan and making him turn around. "This portal might lead to somewhere else," he continues.

Ethan shrugs and continues walking over to the portal, he then punches one of the statues blocking the portal with his bare hands, making the statue fall and shatter onto the stone ground.

He ignores his bleeding hand just as Aiko and I walk over and stand next to him, Eugene stands next to Aiko and speaks up again, "Not knowing where this portal will lead us is dangerous and we shouldn't take that risk-"

"Does it look like I care?" Ethan spits out, "My mate may already be dead and for some unknown reason I cannot mindlink him so I'm going in," he says.

"But how do you think Lincoln will feel if he comes back and doesn't find his mate?" Eugene glares and clutches Ethan's arm, blocking him from getting in.

"How will he feel if he knows I just sat around and didn't do anything while he was gone?" Ethan shoots back, trying to get rid of Eugene's death grip on his arm.

I sigh and walk over intending on traveling through the portal, I don't need to argue right now.

Aiko clutches my shoulder roughly and mutters, "Lilith don't, if there is a chance that you might travel to a deserted or dangerous place then stop."