four. toshila

FOUR. TOSHILA

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━

toshila was in charge of lunch duty as well.

after dropping off the milkbread she had graciously baked this morning while she was on breakfast duty off at oikawa's doorstep, she rushed back to her dorms and did her homework so she'd be free for the rest of the day.

saturdays and sundays were the lunchladies' off days- and while that goes on, every single student on campus is forced to eat take out or make their own food in the kitchens.

everyone typically goes out to eat- but unfortunately for toshila, the entire male volleyball team doesn't. typically, it was any of the team members cooking food for the entire team during weekends. however, now that toshila was around and she was, by birthright, under her brother's supervision, she wasn't allowed to go out.

so that only meant one thing- she had to eat food the team prepared.

now that wouldn't be so bad, would it?- no, it's not so bad.

it's terrible.

the absolute worst.

last weekend, the very first day she was here, goshiki tsutomu and shirabu kenjiro were the ones tasked to cook.

they made the worst first impression ever- they literally fed her ash.

she didn't even know eggs could be burnt to crisp.

that's why she took it upon herself to be their chef every weekend- mostly because she didn't want to be poisoned by stupid boys.

"hey little ushilaka!" tendō satori came bounding inside the kitchen.

toshila, who was cutting up onions looked at him with teary yellow eyes.

"oh who made little ushilaka cry?" he cooed. "did the big bad wolf huff and puff and blow your house down?"

"or did oikawa tooru of seijoh reject your milkbread?" he teased.

she scoffed, wiping her tears with her long sleeves. "my milkbread is divine. he'd be a fool to reject it."

he waved a finger at her face, "oh so was your little mission successful?"

he was in on it. toshila never told ushijima her plans on how she was going to woo tooru, but she did tell this red haired guess monster. why? simply because they're best friends and she could really use the input.

"i'd think so." she shrugged, now cutting up garlic.

tendō leaned against the counter, "you're planning to woo him and then date him for a month, right?"

she nodded, "yeah."

he grabbed a knife and helped her chop vegetables while he tsked, "well, you're taking an awful lot of time in wooing him."

"patience, satori-san." she smirked. "i have it all under control."

he hummed, "under control?"

toshila was cutting up garlic at an alarming speed. "yep."

"right. so what's your next plan of action?"

the girl had an evil smirk that could rival tendō's signature teasing grin and ushijima's terrifying aura.

"oh, you'll see."

-

milkbread-chan

hypothetically, if i
said i liked u
how would u react??

hypothetically, alright?

oikawa

that's a bit straightforward
you've known me what-
2 days?

milkbread-chan

i've known u
longer than u
would ever believe

and it's barely been
a day, not even 24 hrs yet

oikawa

well aren't u a creep

milkbread-chan

yes

yes i am

now answer my question

oikawa

well

given the circumstance,

i'd prefer if we got to know
each other more
before i give u an answer

milkbread-chan

why don't you
just accept my
confession
and i will work hard
to get u to say you
like me back for
the rest of our lives?

hypothetically.

oikawa

well then i
hypothetically
accept

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

ushilaka

- a nickname given to ushijima toshila by tendō satori

ushi jima toshi la

it features her surname ushi and her first name's la. the ka was just derived from her brother's name.