“Really?” He asked.

“But you look really pretty.” He whispered on my ear and kissed me on the cheek.

I almost shuddered. He was driving me crazy.

“Yes, really.” I barely managed to say it and he knew.

He knew damn well.

“Okay, kitten. Let’s go?” He asked.

“Yeah, let's.” I said and he locked his fingers with mine as we both headed out of my dorm on our way to the spicy chicken club.

One of the things I like about in this area is how everything is just nearby. From coffee shops, to bookstores, restaurants, teahouses and study cafes. Our uni is close to everything so we didn’t really have to go far if we want to go somewhere. There’s no need to drive and I find walks a lot more intimate.

Doing this with Donny gave me all kinds of feels every time. We’d talk about never ending things. We don’t seem to run out of topics and we end up bickering in some things but there’s never a fight. We were both annoying each other and yet, we are so attracted at the same time. Does that even make sense? I don’t know. Maybe not, but that is how it is between him and I.

As we reach our destination, I realized that there’s an exceptional amount of people coming to the place. Huh. I thought. There’s definitely an event here. Donny held my hand and pulled me inside the restaurant. I saw Joao sitting beside Criza. He’s here too.

“Joao! You’re here!” I said in surprise but hugged my friend anyway.

“Yeah. I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” He said and giggled.

I saw a stage set up in front of where Joao and Criza sat. Donny and I sat together with them and the servers instantly placed a whole bucket of spicy wings on our table.

“It’s my restaurants first anniversary here. We’re having an open mic and this is on the house.” Criza said and I beamed!

Free chicken it is!

“See, I told you Donato, chicken is the way to a girls heart. Look at this guy over here.” Criza told Donny and he laughed.

“She’s not wrong Don, I love food and your friend is amazing.” Joao echoed and kissed Criza on the cheek and Donny just smiled.

Wow, an open mic I thought. I haven’t been to any of these things. But I heard people with different talents get their names listed to perform whatever the hell they want to perform on stage. I was looking forward to it. This is going to be pure entertainment. I thought.

“I hope you don’t mind, it’s an open mic. I’m not sure if you’re into these things.” Donny whispered in between the noises around the restaurant.

“No, I like it. Thank you for bringing me here.” I said and squeezed her knee under the table.

“Hey, quit eye-fucking each other and put your attention on stage. The show is about to start!” Criza said and Joao busted out a laugh.

“Shut up.” Donny said and scooted even closer to me.

The show did start as Criza said. The first performer did a poem entry. I was half-amused and half bored. I knew, he put an effort into writing that but it just didn’t get me. The guy talked about a flower that bloomed and died. It was supposed to be tragic. The people clapped their hands for the guy for encouragement. At least the audience were nice.

There was a couple more people who did the same thing and the crowd was almost dying. Not until the next performer was called. The host called up the person and I felt my ears ringing.