Chapter Fourteen

3 months later:

I started school a few months ago, and so far I loved it. It was stressful, and challenging. But it was incredible. I was so glad that today was the last day of classes before spring break though. As I was walking down the steps, I saw Adam pull up on his motorcycle. I grinned big, ready to take off running. Just as I was about to sprint towards him, one of my classmates blocked my path. I frowned. Adam had been out of town for a couple days working, and I missed him like crazy. I didn't want to make small talk. "Hey Anna! You coming to the Delta Omega party tonight?" The boy smiled widely. I didn't remember his name, and I cringed, knowing what was coming. "Nope." I said simply and went to walk around him. He blocked my path again. By this point I was getting irritated. "Why? It's going to be a blast! I was hoping you could go as my date!" The over hopeful hipster thing was grating on my nerves. He wore skinny jeans, a beanie, and skater shoes. SO not my type. "No thanks. I'm with someone." I said simply. "What? Who? Come on Anna, I'm in the Delta Omega Fraternity!" He kept on. "Look...." I paused, "Steven." He supplied. "Look Steven, I'm not interested. First, I'm seeing someone. Second, I like my men more Alpha than Omega." I sighed and went to walk around him. Once again he stepped in my way. "You need a man Anna, I'm sure whatever little boy that you're seeing can't give you what you need. Not like I can." I burst out laughing. I didn't mean to, but I couldn't help it. "You're joking right? You're right about one thing though, I'm not interested in a boy. Meet Adam, the man I'm with." I chuckled as Adam clapped a hand on the boy's shoulder. He turned and stared up at Adam. All 6 foot plus of my big bad biker and visibly gulped. "So uh.. What were you saying about me needing a real man?" I snorted as Steven paled. "Y-you're Adam Ross..." He stuttered. "I am." Adam answered calmly, "and that's my woman you been eyeballing boy." He finished. Steven sucked in a deep breath and made himself small as possible. "Hello beautiful." Adam grinned my way. "I missed you!!!" I squealed and launched myself at him. I didn't care where we were. Adam caught me mid-air and I locked my legs around his waist, smothering him with kisses. He chuckled and walked back to the bike with me in his arms. "I missed you too honey." Adam smiled when he finally managed to detangle me from him. I grinned deliriously as we climbed on the bike and took off.

Once we made it home, it was mid-afternoon and I was bored. "Hey Adam," I called out as I walked back onto the back porch. "Yeah princess?" He asked turning to look at me. I handed him a beer and sipped on mine. "Will you teach me to shoot? I know the basics. But, I wanna shoot something bigger than a pistol." I asked hopefully. "How about the Ar-15?" He grinned big. I nodded enthusiastically. "I'll be right back." Adam said as he headed into the house. A few minutes later he emerged with the AR-15, extra ammo, and the stand to lay it on so I wouldn't have to hold it. We had targets set up along the tree line so we could shoot off the back porch. "Come on angel, come lay right here by me." Adam patted the spot beside him. He was laying on his stomach on the porch, setting up everything. I laid down next to him, directly behind the gun. As he explained everything I listened carefully. "You ready?" He asked me. "Hell yeah!" I yelled and took a chug of my beer. Adam laughed loudly. "Then let's get it baby!" He exclaimed. I looked through the scope, lined up my target, held the gun tightly, and pulled the trigger. I let out a squeal when my bullet hit it's mark. Only slightly off where I was aiming for. "That's great Anna!" Adam coached me. After continuing to shoot for a while, I finally stopped when my arm started to get sore. I sighed happily as we stood. Adam nudged my shoulder with his and kissed me. I moaned happily as we turned back to watch the sunset from our porch. "Hey girl..." Adam started. I looked at him over my shoulder questioningly. "Marry me." Adam said seriously, dropping down onto one knee.