"A date??" Jennie was surprised.

"Yes." Irene smiles, finding Jennie's reaction absolutely adorable, "Why? Can't I take my wife out?" The older teases.

"No..no..you can..it's just..uh.." Jennie stutters nervously.

"Jen..just go get ready." Irene interrupts the cute babbling.

"Okay!" Jennie finishes her meal lightning fast, bolting out of her chair Irene worries that she might trip over her own feet.

"Careful!" She shouts out towards her wife, who turned back with a wide smile on her face.

~ ~

"So what's really going on?" Jennie asks, taking a sip of her favorite milk tea to calm her anxiousness. It was all so weird for Jennie and she knew something was up. Something happened for her wife to suddenly drop that cold facade she always puts up when they're alone.

"What?"

"This date....something good must have happened for you to take me out." Jennie said with a small smile.

"Like I said, I just want to take my wife out." Irene looks at her wife.

I'm sorry.

"Oh..okay well..thanks." Jennie's full smile shows on her face, and Irene turns her head away.

"Hmm..well it's close to dinner. Why don't we go eat at Little Italy?

"Okay!" Jennie agrees, glad that she gets a few more hours with her wife.

~ ~

How can a day go from so perfect to an absolute nightmare in a matter of seconds? That's the question Jennie wants to know as she watches her wife continuously eyeing the couple seated behind them.

"Something wrong?" She finally asks, but her question falls on deaf ears.

Of course. Jennie isn't stupid..she figured Irene wouldn't just take her out just cause, and judging from her wife's sudden change in mood..one of the two in the table behind them is the cause of her good mood earlier.

With a sigh, Jennie lifts a hand and the waiter comes to them, "I'd like the bill please."

"I'm sorry about dinner Jen." Irene apologizes, as she parks the car in their garage.

"It's fine, I still had a good time." Jennie forces a smile, opening her door, "Aren't you coming?" Jennie asks, turning back realizing that Irene wasn't getting out.

"Sorry Jen...there's an emergency I have to go." Irene gives a sorry smile.

Liar.

"Oh..that's okay. I understand. Drive safely." Jennie smiles, closing the passenger door and heading inside their house.

~ ~

-Rosie's POV-

"Then Rene asked me to.." Jennie was animatedly describing her weekend with Irene. And even if I don't want to listen to it, even though it hurts.. I still smile and give her my full attention, because it's her..it's Jennie.

"But then during dinner...she went back to being her usual self." Jennie shrugs with a smile on her face, but I knew better..of course I would. Afterall, I know that Irene only puts an act that she's okay with this arrangement in front of everyone, when in fact she doesn't want this marriage to happen.

"Just give her time...you were both thrown into this thing so quickly, but you know she's still our friend. Plus, you said she was the one that invited you out on your date right? That's an improvement!" I smile widely, hoping that I can at least get Jennie to smile genuinely at me.