"I'm not pregnant."

"You don't know who the father is, do you?"

"It would have to be Derek's. There's no way it could be Finns."

"You haven't had sex with the vet yet? You got to get out of that relationship immediately."

"I can't be pregnant, can I?"

"With McBaby!" I say a little too excitedly, poking Meredith's stomach.

Then Bailey walks into the room. "She's not pregnant," she tells us. I leave the room and let Bailey talk to Meredith in private.

"Hey," George says, running up to me once I leave the room.

"I heard Meredith's going to have an Appy," I tell him.

"It wasn't my idea to scrub in," he confesses. I didn't even know he was scrubbing in on it.

"George... I just thought maybe we could have a late supper at my house tonight," I suggest.

"Dinner at your house?" he asks.

"Okay, it's not really my house. I don't have my house yet so Im staying at a hotel for a while. The Archfield," I honestly tell him.

"Why would we have dinner at a hotel?" he asks me.

"Because they bring the food up to your room," I tell him.

"Youre staying at the Archfield? How are you even affording to stay there?" he asks me.

"I still have some secrets O'Malley. And if you come see me tonight, I might show you one or two," I tease before walking away from him.

I sit in the gallery, watching George's surgery. Last time he performed an Appy, he killed somebody. But not this time. The surgery actually went really smoothly. I meet him down stairs and congratulate him.

"Good job on that surgery O'Malley. Ready to go?" I ask him.

"I'm so sorry that I have to do this to you. I have to go home Rachel. It's Izzie," he tells me.

"Its always Izzie or Meredith. It's never me," I scoff.

"That's not true at all and you know it," George argues.

"Who am I to you George? Just your friend? Am I your girlfriend? Am I somebody you just mess around with? Do you even know what we are? Well guess what. Now you don't even have to bother to figure it out," I tell him, before walking away and out to my car to go to Joe's bar.

I get to Joe's and Mark is there so I sit down on a stool next to him. "Hey, theres my favorite red-bottomed whore," Mark laughs.

"Bad day?" I ask him.

"You could say that for sure. You?" he asks me.

"Oh yeah..." I tell him.

"So what have you heard about me from people, exactly?" he asks.

"Mostly things that involve the words dirty and bad," I tell him.

"Right. I guess there really is no starting over, is there? Can I please buy you a drink Rachel?" he asks me.

"Sure, but only one for tonight. Tequila please. But then Im going back to my hotel room and going to bed," I tell him.

"Care if I join you?" he asks me.

Mistakes are pretty painful, but they're the only way to find out who you really, truly are. I finally know who I really am now. I know what I want. Everything is going to be different now. I promise, from here on out, nothing is ever going to be the same.

A/N!!  New update! Short, but a very crucial chapter. This leads up to some insight on George and Rachel's relationship status. Do you think Rachel will let Mark back in her hotel room with her? Please vote and comment any suggestions you may have for this story. Comments are motivation <3   (1206)

 Comments are motivation <3   (1206)