Chapter 22- I can't risk anything involving you

ابدأ من البداية

"BECAUSE YOU ARE THE SAME MAN WHO DESTROYED THE ORPHANAGE OF MY DADA.", my hands flew to cover my mouth as soon as I spoke the last word. He can't know about Dada, he can't know about my tragic past, about my horrible fate. 

Tears stung my eyes and I turned in order to hide my tears. Why am I so sensitive whenever it comes to Dada? He always taught me to stay strong then why do I always end up with tears just by a mere thought of him.

"You see I demolished your orphanage and here you are, bawling your eyes out, that shows how strong you are.", his words were insensitive. I won't lie it hurt me like someone stabbed a knife in my chest.

"I need time to think."

"I don't have time, I need your affirmation right now."

"Mr Khanna?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you want to protect me?", I asked looking deeply into his brown eyes.

"I've my reasons.", he said without looking into my eyes and sat down on his chair pretending to read some papers.

"What reasons?"

"You'll know them sooner or later.", he said and got back to his documents.

"This is going to be disastrous.", I mumbled and closed my eyes sitting down on the couch placed away from his desk.

"Is that a yes?", he said, his eyes glued to the stupid documents.

I sighed.

~~~~

After the life-changing affirmation as Mr Khanna says, I was asked or more like ordered to stay inside his igloo. 

"Your mother is safe, believe me.", his words before he slammed the door of the guest room behind him.

Aarav was not home and I was getting bored out of my mind, Mr Khanna took my mobile phone and didn't return it. 

"Miss Mehta, are you in there?", Mr Khanna knocked at the door.

I opened the door and let him in," Do you think I'm a witch who can teleport anywhere.", I asked sarcastically.

"You can't keep your sarcasm aside for a moment, can you?"

"No.", I retorted.

"That was a rhetorical question, Ms Mehta.", he said folding his arms.

"Oh was it? My bad!"

Mr Khanna didn't say anything for a moment and ran his gaze across the room.

"Why didn't you eat lunch?", he asked, moving towards the table where the plate of food was kept.

"I'm not hungry.", I mumbled and sat down.

Mr Khanna sat down beside me and handed me the plate," You need to eat. I have come up with a way which will keep your mother out of all this for a while."

"But you said she's safe?", I asked fully turning towards him.

"She is but I'm not sure for how long.", he paused and waited for my reaction but all I felt was empty, sensing I'm not going to say anything he continued," I have come up with a permanent solution."

"You have?"

"But for that, I need your..", he hesitated and a second later a small whisper left his throat, "help."

"My what?", I shrieked in disbelief. Mr-I-am-the-richest needs my help. An amused laugh escaped me and he glared at me.

"Goodness! Miracles don't cease to happen. You, Mr Khanna, need my help, sweet little innocent me's help. Wow!"