Chapter 2 - V1

The aftermath

As soon as the two vague figures left the room, the class exploded into fruition. Many were scared of the brown-haired boy, while some were more curious about the relationship between the two.

Hirata, the boy who first offered the idea of introducing themselves, was quick to take action.

"Okay! How about we continue?"

Kei Karuizawa, a blonde fashionista, eagerly supported the handsome boy's decision.

"Yes, yes! Let's continue!"

Because of the eagerness of both Karuizawa and Hirata, the class soon started their introductions. While some are still curious about the two individuals. most wanted to move on and forget, very excited to start learning more about the new faces they'd soon meet on a regular basis.

"My name is Hirata Yousuke. Because I was often called by my first name, Yousuke, in middle school, feel free to use my first name. Although I like all sports, I like soccer in particular, and also plan to play soccer at this school. Please take care of me."

With his introduction, the tense atmosphere left by the two slowly abated, replaced by an easy feeling.

One by one, the class introduced themselves. Even the short-fused boy who had no interest in introductions, Ken Sudo, participated. Most likely because his mind was still busy recollecting the scary face of the unknown boy earlier to disagree.

Even Koenji, the narcissistic blonde, changed his introduction after seeing the two.

"My name is Koenji Rokusuke. Being the only heir of the Koenji conglomerate, I am a man who will be responsible for Japanese society in the near future. Pleased to meet you, ladies."

It was an introduction for the women, as opposed to the whole class.

Some girls looked at Koenji with glittering eyes after hearing he was rich, while the others looked at him like he was crazy. ... That's natural.

"From now on, I will relentlessly punish anything that makes me feel uncomfortable. Be careful in that respect."

"Eh... Koenji-kun. What do you mean by 'anything that makes me uncomfortable'?"

Feeling uneasy at his words, Hirata asked him again.

"Exactly as I said. But if I were to give an example───I hate unattractive things. If I saw something ugly, I would do as I said. Just like the boy from earlier, I won't tolerate ugly existences when they are talking down on my beloved."

Hirata, curious as to what Keonji meant, asked once again.

"What do you mean Koenji-kun?"

"Did you guys seriously not see him glaring at the girls who talked down to Ice Queen girl? He was obviously pissed at you girls for saying that. Ice King boy was just protecting his beloved from imperfect figments such as them, as expected from perfect existences such as I."

Hearing that, the girls who were whispering about the two looked down in embarrassment. It was very clear in their faces that they didn't expect to be heard from that far. Unfortunately for them, their belligerent mumblings were loud enough to be heard even from the back corner of the room.