𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Senku glanced at the young Nanami. Seeing that the straight-haired male was deep in thought even during lessons – though the teen had learned not to question it since your grades never dropped – he saw that you looked a bit irritated.

Ever since the festival, you've been giving him the silent treatment. The young scientist didn't know why. It was petty, really. Then again, he did know of the mountains of work he had put you through after the trouble he caused. But that incident was weeks ago! Couldn't you have already moved on and forgave him already?

Honestly, to Senku, you were being a bit too childish. That, or the young scientist was just too prideful to even muster up a proper apology – hence, the silent treatment.

The crimson-eyed teen ran a hand through his gravity-defying hair, wondering how he would go about fixing the mess he had created. It was illogical to continue ignoring each other like this when the solution was easy. Senku just needed to apologize.

And that wasn't exactly easy for the young scientist. Not because he thought he wasn't at fault. Senku just wasn't used to apologizing, usually because there wasn't anything to apologize about. Sure, he'd sometimes apologize for his bluntness during idle chatter, but that situation was miles different from this one. This time, Senku really did mess up. He hurt someone. He hurt you. And it would be an understatement to say that he was feeling guilty. No, the young scientist couldn't sleep a wink during that fateful day knowing how pissed off you might be at him.

The young scientist sighs something that didn't go unnoticed by you. A scoff escaped out of your mouth.

Senku had not made even a millimeter of effort to show that he was sorry. You'd try to understand, knowing that Senku was the type of person to stay silent during matters involving such extreme and raw emotions. You were extremely irritated at him sure, but that didn't mean you weren't willing to forgive him. All it would take is a simple sorry for everything to go back to normal. Yet, he couldn't even give you that well-needed apology.

It irked you, to say the least. And you even annoyed yourself knowing how childish you were being. A simple thing such as this wasn't really something you'd get hung up about. But this was Senku we're talking about. And you'd be damned if you let the scientist go scot-free after that mishap. You knew Senku would take long to apologize. But when he does, you were gonna indulge yourself with every little bit of embarrassment or shyness he showed during that moment. You always enjoyed teasing him, after all.

To your knowledge, Senku was always apathetic with those things. He never showed even the least bit of embarrassment, Taiju mentions. Still, ever since you came into the picture, your friends notice that the young scientist had been more expressive. It was quite the miracle, Kouji said. Never in their life had they thought that they'd see Senku red with either shyness or embarrassment because of your constant teasing. Though, it may have been considered indirect flirting. You had a way with words, and for some reason, it worked on the crimson-eyed teen.

To your dismay, time seemed to go by significantly faster than usual. Before you knew it, you were packing up your bag with Kouji pestering you to hurry up. "Stop being so slow, you're doing it on purpose." Kouji chuckles and starts to shove your books inside your bag, not caring for the contents inside getting crushed by his sheer force.

The black-haired teen pulled you out of the classroom, already looking forward to the so called party. You, on the other hand, had made it painfully obvious how much you'd rather be at home studying than going with your friends. Frankly speaking, you were tired. Idly studying would have calmed you, maybe even served as rest. Now, that reality was ripped away from you as Kouji almost literally dragged you towards the Nakamura residence.