"Haha, I won! You lose!" She brags, teasing him.

"You only won because I let you win," JJ replies, the corner of his mouth tipping upwards in a smug grin.

"Oh really?" Marty snaps back, crossing her arms in front of her and stepping closer to the blond.

"Yes, really!" He smirks, his headlamp showing off a certain glint in his ocean-colored eyes. "Now where is my prize?" He questions, stepping forward to where their bodies were touching. He looks down to her rosy cheeks and sweaty neck glistening from his fluorescent light above.

Martha scoffs, placing her hand on his chest, slightly pushing his torso back but he doesn't budge from his stance. "Sore losers don't get prizes, especially second place."

The tension was growing abnormally thick, Kie and John B already left in such a haste to the trusty van that they left Pope defenseless. The touron and pogue were too busy in their playful banter to notice their dear friend in peril.

"Marty, everyone knows that first is the worst," he points down to her height. "Second is the best," he points to himself, "and third is the one with the hairy coconut chest."

"Who's the third in this case?"

"Uh, I think that'll be Pope," JJ snickers, finally turning his head to see his beloved friend stuck on top of the twirly fence.

"JJ! I'm stuck! Stop flirting with Marty and help!" Pope whisper-shouts, his voice wavering in fear as he watches the go-cart quickly coming towards him.

"Pope, come on!" JJ whines, turning away from the tension and running to where his friend was literally dangling from.

"Wait. You're gonna rip me! Wait! Stop!" Pope shouts down to JJ, who is literally yanking him down by his pants.

"You're fine. Come on!" JJ yells, pulling him and completely tearing off his shorts, unfortunately revealing Pope's undies to everyone.

"Sweet pair! I think I have one of those!" Marty laughs, backtracking toward the van. "Come on, hurry up!"

"It's a little Tootsie Roll!" John B laughs as he spots the three friends jump in his car before it drives away.

Settling down a little, JJ couldn't help but ask, "do you actually have a pair of men's underwear?"

Marty nods, turning and giving the blond a quick kiss on the lips.

➵ ➵ ➵

BACK AT THE CHÂTEAU, JJ lathers some peanut butter and jelly on a sketchy-looking piece of bread.

The power is still out so the group surrounds themselves and the messy table with candles, lanterns, or any other light source that they could find.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago," Pope says to JJ, pointing out the obvious as he walks by in new shorts.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts," he replies, still layering the peanut butter as if it's the end of the world. "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

Marty rolls her eyes at his comment but calls him over to the table anyway.

"Yup, yup, yup," he says, skipping over to where she is leaning over JB's shoulder. "Hot damn! Let's do it!" He bites on his sandwich, instantly gagging at the obvious awful taste, and spitting it out almost simultaneously.

John B rips open the envelope, revealing a coastal map with a bunch of notes scrambled on it. "Holy shit."

"Oh," Pope says, pointing to a point on the map. "X marks the spot."