Chapter 1 - V1

Whoever started the tradition of entrance ceremonies, I hope they had a very long and fruitful life.

Initially, I found the whole ordeal as a very boring experience. Lazy speeches from stereotypical educational workers for the upcoming students, a formula for a perfect naptime event.

So imagine my surprise when I actually enjoyed the most part of the 2 hours of nonsense that they gave us.

Mind you, it wasn't because of the boring speeches, it was because of the girl on my right.

"The foreign student over at the area of Class C wears glasses inside a dark auditorium. I wonder why?"

"He looks like one of those musclehead bodyguards in movies, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Movies, huh? You watch a lot?"

Our conversation flowed like a rushing river, never dull and yet exhilirating all the same. The teacher's voices in the front of the stage being drowned out by our easy going conversation.

Since the start of the event, Horikita and I have been discussing our various observations about the variety of students in our class as well as other classes. It seems that her eyes aren't just for show, she also has great observation skills.

We spoke to each other without glancing away from the stage as to not look like the 'bafoons of our class' according to Horikita.

"Yes, I've been an avid fan of movies for a long time. What about you, Ayanokouji-kun?"

Huh... movies. Can't say I am not interested on those. I remember reading a lot about those types of places on several romance books.

"Honestly, I haven't had the time to properly appreciate movies. I plan to alleviate that error this time."

"That's good. Some might say that it is a waste of time, however, it really depends on what genre you pick."

The 2 hours went by without the both of us noticing. Before long, the time for our first classes was about to start.

Seeing that almost everyone are now trying to leave the place and search for their classrooms, I stand up and said;

"Shall we go, Horikita?"

She gracefully stands up as well and said;

"I am dreading what's to come. I hope I don't get placed next to those type of people."

Curious, I follow her gaze and see two loud guys and a red haired dude following them behind. Their conversation could be heard from 30 meters away.

"But Ike, The girls! The girls! Our class is more stacked than Class B."

"Get your eyes checked, Yamauchi! I'm telling you, that pink-haired girl will fall for me quick!"

I reflexively take a few steps away from the perverted trio, signalling Horikita follow me.

"What was that about, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"Hear what they're talking about? I'd rather not be seen with the likes of them. I can already tell that those three won't be good news."

She stared at me for a few seconds before replying back.

"That's true. I advice you to stay away from them. It would be a pity if you were tainted by their ideals."

"Don't worry, I don't plan on talking to them anytime soon."

"That's good... that's good."

She murmured something I couldn't hear. Damnit, wind.

After that, we walked to the school building in comfortable silence, the warmth I felt on my chest since we started talking unconciously making my lips angle into the smallest of smiles.