Part 8: Darkness Falls

Start from the beginning

Erzebet nodded and stood up.

Apollyon: "I'll tell the troops to head out to the front gate. Find Jürgen and leave"

Erzebet nodded again and picked up the old sword Jürgen had taken from the old home. She picked it up and left the room.

[???]

Once Erzebet left the room Apollyon took her helmet off and went to her throne. She sat and began to think. Think of her son and think of her dead husband.

Apollyon put one leg over the other and laid her arms along the arm rests. She thought of Hans. His smile, his laugh and the love Apollyon knew he had for her. She remembered they would lay in the grass and in the sunshine during the summer. Hans would lay next to her and say sweet nothings. But then Apollyon began to think a little deeper.

She remembered he had demons. He had problems deep within that Apollyon knew about but didn't know what they were about. She just knew he had them.

Apollyon: "What could have I done?"

She closed her eyes and saw him. She saw Hans standing in the doorway of the old home outside of the fortress walls. He looked back to her and smiled. His orange eyes glowed in the sunlight and his short black hair shined.

Apollyon smiled and opened her eyes. No one was there. Her smiled faded and she stood up, putting her helmet back on.

Apollyon: "Let the fun begin"

[Jürgen]

I was sitting in the same tavern Holden had gone to before. Holden and I talked more about what he had done since the last time we both say each other.

Everyone around us was having a good time. Music and singing was abundant along with the amount of ale that was coming from the bar. Holden and I had our own conversation going on until someone came inside of the tavern.

Everyone around us stopped what they were doing and stood up in a respectful way.

I turned my head and saw Erzebet in the doorway. She came inside and stood next to me. Everyone was still standing.

Erzebet: "It's okay you idiots you can go back to your activities"

Relieved sighs could be heard and everyone went back to what they were doing.

"What are you doing here?"

Holden widened his eyes as if saying:

'Here we go. Goodbye'

I rolled my eyes and Erzebet spoke.

Erzebet: "I was tasked with a mission by Apollyon herself. You will be my second"

I took a drink of ale and almost spit it out.

"Me? Your second? No thank you. Go find someone else"

Erzebet: "Apollyon assigned you as my second. If you have a problem with it them go take it up with her. If you're fine with it then follow me"

I sighed mentally. I just got here and immediately got tasked with something.

"What is the task?"

Erzebet: "A village nearby was taken by the Vikings. They ambushed Mercy and her scouts. Many of her scouts died"

I felt a dark feeling in my chest.