1.

The sun had barely peeked over the trees when Dad began to rush us out of the house muttering to himself about being late upon checking his pocket watch

The sun had barely peeked over the trees when Dad began to rush us out of the house muttering to himself about being late upon checking his pocket watch. The wind was chilly, nipping softly against my exposed skin and turning it a hue of pink. Leaves crunched under my boots and the trees rustled with every hearty gust of wind. I was dressed in a pair of black leggings matched with an oversized Hufflepuff jumper, belonging to my boyfriend, that hung down to the middle of my thighs. My bag hung off my shoulders and my hair was tied up in a messy bun, the occasional flyaway coming down to tickle my nose. I was walking alongside the twins, behind Dad in front of Hermione and Ginny. Harry and Ron trudge behind tiredly.

"Hey, Dad! Where are we going?" Ron yelled from behind me.

"Haven't the foggiest, keep up!" Dad shouted back leading us over a hill where a familiar man stood. I peered around for Cedric, frowning when I didn't see him.

"Arthur! It's about time Son." Amos Diggory called out shaking my dad's hand when we reached the top of the hill.

"Sorry, Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." He turned slightly to look at us kids. "This is Amos Diggory, everyone, he works with me at the ministry." Cedric dropped from the tree above putting an instant smile on my face. "And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, I've heard lots about you lad, " Dad said turning to wink at me as he shook Cedric's hand. I blushed meeting Cedric's eyes.

"Yes sir, Only good things I hope." He flashed his dazzling smile making my heart skip a beat. Checking his watch Dad began to usher us forward. I met Cedric reaching out interlacing our fingers and leaning against his side. Ginny and Hermione giggled behind us. I waved my best friend off knowing she'll be teasing me once Cedric wasn't around. Cedric placed a kiss on the top of my head; the two of us followed after my dad the others close behind us. Cedric and I had been together for two years now. I was in my second year and he was in his 5th. At first, we got a lot of looks, I was 3 years younger than him and it wasn't the most traditional but love persists. We walked a little further coming over a larger hill that dipped down into flat land. In the middle of the clearing was a weathered brown boot, the portkey.

"That's it, Sir just over there." Dad pointed the brown object out to Amos who had made his way to the head of the group.

"Shall we? We don't want to be late." We all followed after the two-man, those of us ahead circling the boot.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked descending the hill.

"That isn't just any manky old boot mate," Fred chimed up.

"It's a portkey!" George finished. Grabbing the old material with one hand I held Cedric's free hand in the other.

"Time to go. Ready?" Amos said holding the boot and looking at all of us.

"What's a 'portkey'?" Harry quizzed crouching down.

"After 3. One... Two..." Amos started counting.