"Terrifying, yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart. Let's practice it now, shall we? Without wands, please... Riddikulus!" 

Everyone took a second and then repeated him. "Riddikulus!" 

"It's this class that's ridiculous." Draco utter as his friends nodded. 

Lupin didn't mind the boy and continued on with his lesson. Y/n had ignored them and tried to focus on the class that was going on in front of her. "Good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a Boggart off is... laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Neville, come up here, will you" 

Neville eyes the rattling wardrobe, step forward queasily. "What would you say is the thing that frightens you most?" The boy mumbled something looking down that no one heard. "Sorry Neville, I didn't quite catch that-" Lupin leaned in forward.  

"Professor Snape." 

Everyone laughs but Y/n and Hermione who exchanged looks as Y/n hit Harry's shoulder softly. "It's not funny Har, Snape tried to kill Trevor the other day..." Y/n mentioned as Harry nodded and stopped laughing listening to her. 

"Hmmm... yes. Neville, I believe you live with your grandmother? correct?" 

"Yes, but I don't want the Boggart to turn into her either," Neville uttered looking down at the floor as Lupin shook his head. 

"It won't. But I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. Can you do that?" 

Neville nodded as he closed his eyes.  "She carries a red handbag..." 

Lupin shook his head, "That's fine. We don't need to hear it. If you see it, we will. Now, when I open this wardrobe, Neville, here's what I want you to do..." Lupin leans close to Neville, whispers. "Picture Snape in your grandmother's clothing..." 

Neville's eyes pop open in shock. Consider Lupin uncertainly. "You can do this, Neville." Neville nods nervously, takes a deep breath.

"Right then. Wand at the ready. One. Two. Three!" 

Sparks jet from Lupin's wand, strike the doorknob, and the wardrobe bursts open. Instantly, Snape appears, eyes flashing hideously as he stalks forward. Neville backs away in fright. "Think, Neville. Think!" 

"R-r-riddikulus!" 

CRACK! Snape stumbles in a flash of light and reappears in a long, lace-trimmed dress, towering moth-eaten hat, and crimson handbag. Right away the class started to laugh as Y/n grinned with a lip bite. 

Neville blinks, amazed, then slowly, grins himself. Lupin drops the needle on an old gramophone. As scratchy rhumba fills the room, everyone got into one line pushing past but Y/n calmly went to the back of the line to not put up a fight. 

"Ron! Forward!" 

Snape dissolves into a mad whirling mass, then mutates into a giant spider. As Ron gasped Y/n, Hermione and Harry exchanged looks. Lupin puts his hands on Ron's shoulders to steady him. Ron raises his wand. "Riddikulus!" 

CRACK! roller skates materialize on the spider's hairy feet and it begins to shuffle crazily in place. Instantly, Ron relaxes as the class' laughter rings out. "Parvati!" 

As Parvati steps up, the spider spins faster and faster, a dizzying blur then reappears as a vampire. "Riddikulus!"

As the vampire whips its cloak across its eyes, the cloak reopens, the class laughs as the Vampire was dressed differently. As it begins to shimmy about against its will the class starts to claps.