CH 96. Fight or Flight

Start from the beginning

"It's not up to you Harry," I said calmly, forcing the urge to Occlude. Needing to be present in this moment.

"Everyone here's of age, Potter. And they've all agreed to take the risk," Mad eye said, just before Mundungus cleared his throat.

He began going on about how he in fact had not agreed. But just behind him, Remus and Kingsley peaked through the window, checking the street, the skies. Searching for any signs of danger that could be just beyond the threshold of my mothers protection.

"Granger, as discussed," Mad eye said to Hermione just before she moved quickly past Harry. Nipping a few hairs off of his head in the process, before she stood at Mad eyes side, dropping them into the potion.

"Blimey Hermione," Harry said, rubbing the back of his head. "You're really okay with this?" Harry asked, directing his attention to me once again.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Are you kidding? Having our friends and family become clones of you is probably my nightmare," I said sarcastically as I let go of Tonks' hand and moved closer to him. "But given it's that or wait till there's a hoard of death eaters outside, I'll take the former."

Mad eye gave the flask a gentle shake as bubbles began emerging over the top. A menacing grin took over his face as he moved in Fred's direction. "For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning. It tastes like goblin piss," He said casually.

"Have a lot of experience with that, do you, Mad-Eye? " Fred asked jokingly. It didn't land well, given that Mad eye's mechanical eye looked him up and down. "Just trying to diffuse the tension."

A sip later, he passed it on to George who did the same. Only a moment later did they begin shrinking to Harry's size. Just before I could take my own drink of the flask, Bill took it from my hand and passed it on to Mundungus. He didn't say anything to me, he simply shook his head.

As the flask made its way around the room I looked at Remus who eyed me. So, I'd been here as a courtesy. But the look on his, Tonk's and Arthur's faces assured me I wouldn't be the one changing tonight. I'd be a protector, over one of the six doppelgangers in the room.

I looked at Harry, as he watched everyone change before his eyes. Not the most pleasant sight. Though I hadn't seen it first hand before, it almost looked like it was an uncomfortable task. I stepped back, my hands clasped in front of me. Watching the change.

"Wow! We're identical" Fred and George said in unison.

"Not yet, you're not," Mad eye said, stepping sideways to grab a bag. Before dragging it to the center of the room.

"I reckon I'm still better looking. What do you think, love?" Fred asked me as he eyed me up and down.

"Please don't make a pass at me while you're disguised as my brother," I said uncomfortably. Trying my best to keep a straight face, but failing as I felt my brows furrow together, fighting the urge to laugh.

"You haven't got anything a bit more sporting, have you?" George asked as he picked up the simple burgundy shirt and faded blue jumper.

"Yeah I don't really fancy this color," Fred commented, waving the shirt in his hands before unbuttoning his vest and stripping down.

"Fancy this: You're not you, so shut it and strip," He said to Fred and George. "You'll need to change too, Potter."

I could tell that Harry was uncomfortable. Though I doubt anyone would be pleased as they watched six identical clones strip down. I could tell he was fighting the urge to say something. To perhaps ask them to not look too much upon his own body, but given the urgency, he probably knew that it wouldn't land. They all proceeded on, stripping down as if it was nothing. The real Harry, on the other hand, did his best to change as unnoticed as possible.