Never Going To Get It

Start from the beginning

" relax uncle Cole". I said standing up and brushing the dirt from me. "Pape doesn't have to know. We can clean this up and never speak about it. I get off the hook and so do you".

I could see Cole thinking it over and he was about to speak when we heard another voice join in. "Don't even think about it numb nut. You both are busted".

Pape stepped into view and tapped his head. "I know everything. I know what you're going to do before you even know what you're going to do".

" Oh, so you're telepathic now, huh. You sound dumber than that dumbass I just saved". Cole snorted.

Pape looked at Cole. "Not now fucktard".

Fixing his stare on me, he approached rapidly. "Will you ever fucking learn? Fuck, I already know that answer. Keeping you alive has been the hardest task I was ever given. Do you know how close you came today? If you can't think about the business at least think of your mother. She's at home right now worried to death. I have no more to say to you. When you can start taking responsibility for your actions only then will I speak to you. Now clean this shit up on your own. Come on numb nut".

I watched as my Pape and Cole left. Running a frustrated hand through my hair I looked at the death before me and begin the process of cleaning it up.

Several day's had went by and Pape was true to his word. He hadn't so much as acknowledged me but it was ok. I'm use to it. However that wasn't bothering me as much as Chelley. The fact that she strode in that evening and practically have me a concussion had me wired. This wasn't the shy, quiet girl I knew but I was about to find her.

Setting out I decided to throw all my boundaries away and busy up in her apartment. Of course I had a key to her place, hell I put her here. Allowing myself in I heard noise coming from the kitchen. "Melon I'm home" . I blurted out as I turned the corner and froze.

Suddenly chaos broke free. There were screams and prayers. "Mom, calm down. It's okay". Chelley tried to calm her parents down.

Yep, seems they were in town for a visit and I just busted up their little dinner. "Why is he here?" Her mother asked in a shaky voice.

" God protect us from this vile being". Her father prayed as he clutched his chest.

"Oh, ummm. My bad. Had I known I would've brought a dish". I chuckled.

Chelley glared at me and walked briskly to me. Clutching my arm she started to pull me away. "Don't you dare leave with him". Her father boomed.

I smirked at him and made a obscene gesture with my tongue. "Stop it". Chelley warned me.

" it's okay. I'm just going to escort him out. He's not here to hurt anyone ". Chelley reassured her parents.

her mother gave me a hard glare. "Tell me you aren't involved with this... This... This monster?" Her mother wailed.

" No mother. This is just a misunderstanding. Now let me handle this please". Chelley said with growing irritation.

With that she pulled me roughly behind her until we was out in the hall by her door. "Just what I'm the hell are you doing here?" She blared.

" don't turn this on me. You've got some explaining to do. The other day, what you did... You nearly got me killed. Not to mention put yourself in danger". I growled.

To my astonishment she laughed, a deep belly laugh. "Oh, my bad. I'm just sorry the bullet missed you. Let me know next time so I can offer them help. I promise I couldn't miss if my eye's were glued shut". She nearly screamed.

" What the hell happened to you Chell? " I asked in a high pitch tone.

"Oh, what's wrong. You don't like it. Wait, let me guess, you liked it better when I feared you right? Well guess what Duel Harper... You can't scare me anymore" . She said jabbing her finger into my chest.

I decided to test her claim. Towering over her I leaned down in her face as my dark eye's penetrated her soul. "I could kill you in a split second melon".

Meeting my glare she spoke in a raspy almost sexy voice. "And I can kill you too".

Her next moved floored me. Her lips collided with mine in a soul searing kiss. This was just like the kiss we shared all of those year's ago in the cleaning closet accept it was deeper, stronger. Her hands mused my hair as my roamed her back. "Fuck Melon". I caught myself moaning.

" So many memories of how good we was are flooding me". I whispered as we still kissed.

She smiled against my lips. "I'm going to give you a new memory of us Duel". She whispered back.

" oh yea". I asked softly and groaned as she nibbled my lil then nipped me with her teeth on my chin.

"Yea baby. A memory of what you had, of what you lost and what you will never get again". She said in a hiss.

It was if someone splashed me with cold water. Chelley pulled away from me and opened her door. She held her hand up as if to make a gun and blew pretend smoke from her finger. "Bang bang baby" . She said as the door shut and locked.

She was right.... She could kill me.

Will Duel every learn?

Is Dem doing the right thing by shunning Duel?

How do you think Chelly's parents will react at thinking Duel is back in her life?

How do you think Duel feels about this new Chelley?

Was Chelley too harsh with Duel?