"You know what... I don't even know why I'm getting all worked up. It's not like they'll believe you anyway. Jay is indebted to me and Nikki is a daddy's girl. So, who do you think they'll believe?"

"You won't get away with this." I sniffled as tears fell down my face.

"I already have." Greg laughed. "So, this is how things are going to go. I'm moving in with my new woman. I bought us a new house. If the kids ask where I am tell them that I'm away. Whether you tell them the truth or not it won't matter."

"You're moving out? So, that's it huh? You're done?" I asked.

"This marriage has been done ever since you became the nagging aggravating bitch that you are. There's nothing left here for me."

Watching Greg go into the closet, he grabbed a suitcase then began packing his things. It was really over.

"You know what.... you want to leave? That's fine. You want to be with another woman? Go right ahead. But I won't apologize for defending my sister and having her back. Through this whole thing your true colors really came out so thank you. Thank you for finally showing me exactly who you are. "

Greg didn't say anything. He just simply laughed, grabbed his suitcase, and walked out.

Hearing the door slam, I sunk to the floor as I began to sob. Was this really what my life had become? Being stuck in a loveless marriage was not how I pictured my life going. I was better than this. I deserved better. Smoke's word echoed through my head as I cried.

"Yo, ma I really feel like you don't need allat toxic shit in ya life. You need a fresh start. You way too beautiful to be worried about dumb shit and being stressed out over a nigga that don't do shit fah you no moe. You better than that shorty"

He was right. I was too beautiful to be worried about a nigga that don't do anything for me anymore. I sniffled as I grabbed my phone and called Smoke up.

I sat on my bed and waited for him to answer. He picked up on the second ring.

"Yo, shorty. What it d-"

"I'm coming over. I just wanted to let you know I'm on the way."

"Say less." Smoke said. I ended the call before going into the bathroom.

I took a shower, fixed my hair and makeup, grabbed my keys, and headed out the door. Getting in my car, I drove to Smoke's place as I began to think about what Greg said.

I couldn't believe he'd really played me like that. He was really treating me as if I meant nothing to him at all. Pulling up to Smoke's place, I dabbed the tears that came to my eyes as I got out my car. I walked up to his door and knocked as I tried my best to hold myself together, but knew that I was failing miserably.

His door opened and someone else stood there.